Hello HIFISim,I finally bought your product, and enjoying ASV very very much! Just a brief question: do I have to have "FSUIPC Wind Smoothing Control" turned on to have stable winds? Or are the winds controlled even better than older problems about which I read from ActiveSky, thus not producing sudden shifts and changes while crusing and especially while descending and climbing?

Guest MrBitsy

I don't like smoothing winds options as it tends to make the FS atmospere rather dull to fly in! ASV is certainly a great improvement as far as turbulance is concerned, but #I would personally like to see more - is this possible?I have all WX settings in FSUPIC turned off, allowing ASV to control everything. FS sure is more lively now due to the thermals - I have had a go around due to altitude loss on approach, so full marks there!However, I never feel I am having to fight with the aircraft on approach in bad weather - everything is mostly stable with fairly low levels of turbulance.Can anyone suggest, in or outside ASV, how the FS enviroment can be made even more alive?Ray Keattch

Good point you bring up about turbulence but it also depends what aircraft your flying for a jet light turbulence can be moderate turbulence for a cessna. Just a thought on my part!

>Hi,>>Welcome and thanks! Yes, this option should be checked On.>Apart from your answer, I was thinking why maybe off: for instance, if there's a sudden wind gust on approach, making your landing harder, doesn't this option basically prevent gusts in that case?

Hi All,Way back when, when the severe wind shifts had everyone going nuts Pete and many people worked hard at solving the wind shift bug. The trade off is less turbulence and smoother wind shifts. Right now there is no way to have both. BUT, tha VAS system will add up and down drafts and might help. By default it is set to 40% and increasing this may help you generate more VAS points to fit your needs. Try experimenting with this value. I have found that 100% can really throw a small plane around!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Sales and Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_dev_team.jpg http://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_proud_supporter.jpg

I'll try flying without FSUIPC option and some higher setting like 60 or 80% :) Thanks Jim!