Sign in to follow this  
Guest flygbuss

Seasonal skies

Guest flygbuss

Hi,I'd like to know what seasonal compared to fixed skies are. The manual says "Sky types that are not fixed will change depending on the season/date".1. Does it change with ICS or whenever ASV is run? 2. Is the change within the sky variations, ie does it matter what variation i choose for seasonal?3. How are the skies different for each season? There is no preview so it's difficult to know.Btw, thanks for creating the excellent ASV. Now each flight feel exciting with a touch of uncertainty, just like reality:-).

Hi,The seasonal skies can vary significantly in appearance/color depending on the date in FS. Each variation is different and uniquely changes as such. The variation itself does not change unless you change it (or ICS/random does). There is no preview image because the preview you get most likely won't match up for the time you're flying at. We are working on additional seasonal sets that have a bias towards a certian color, and these will contain useful previews :) Thanks for the words!!Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest flygbuss

Ok, so basically I just choose one seasonal and any variation. Then depending on date in FS, ICS selects a variation suitable for the season?

Sir,Is there a description anywhere of the differences between the different sky variations for the seasonal selections? If not, What are the differences?BMBanister

Sir,Might it be possible to set up a thread where folks post screenshots with a listing the AE textures they used? I am also assuming that we should start seeing folks uploading some of their favorite themes soon enough which should give a better idea of how different combinations will look. BMBanister

Hi, The Seasonal skies are all the same like the FIXED Sky set, the only difference is they change by date in the fs2004 calendar, like default fs2004 sky set does..We have added fixed sky type if users want to have always the same sky color each day and not having the sky color variation from dates.ThanksChris WillisHiFi Simulation Software Team Developerhttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_dev_team.jpgFreeware Addons for FSW GROUP

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest flygbuss

Hi Chris, thanks now I understand. I didn't realize the seasonal change was a FS feature. Have had FS since its release but actually not noticed this difference skywise. The fixed make the selection alot easier.I think some kind of more organized preview is needed. Especially when adding the FE skies/clouds the options become staggering. What I'd like to see is some kind of categorizing such as location for the skies (perhaps arctic, temperate and tropical). In FE it's easier to pick a sky as a kind of background for the texture is provided, where or in what situation it's meant to be used. I'm a fan if options, but they start to be too many now:)