Sign in to follow this  
flightsimmer747

to hifi team mips creates the drawing clouds!!!!!!!

Hi guys i've been battling this issue for a long time and now i actually had the chance to test it with the arrival of ASV and i've found that without the mips added i see no artist drawing the clouds when i turn however i cannot fly without the mips too slow on my system. Ill try 64x64 without mips but i dont really want to go that low considering im used to 512x512.Just letting you folks know what i experienced may be different on other systems. If anyone can prove me wrong please do so as i only tried a few scenarios and no actual long flight.Thanks for reading!

Hi Joe,The issue you are talking is the flickering clouds which is from the fs2004 engine and happend when the visibility is reduced + clouds sight distant.By default fs2004 clouds use mips.If you have solved this by using no mips, you may have frame rate drops, it's up to you.To be sure this issue was caused with the mips, make many others flight and see.ThanksChris WillisHiFi Simulation Software Team Developerhttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_dev_team.jpgFreeware Addons for FSW GROUP

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

I know i got it with the default as well because they used mips. My sight distance is maxed out with the slider and my visibility depends on real life and my maximum is at 59 as the default setting.P>S. if i lower the sight distance or cloud draw it just happens closer so i still see it.