Sign in to follow this  
JSkorna

*******--Service Update is Released--******

Hello All,With your help we have identified and hopefully fixed a few problems. This service update can be installed right over your ASV installation. Keep in mind that this is not an official release.Here is the link:http://sales.hifisim.com/pub-download/ASV-SU1.zipBelow are the fixes:To install the Service Update, please run the included setup.exe program. ASV must be installed on the machine you are updating.ASV Revision LogASV Service Update 1 (B320)This addresses the following issues:1) Japanese language (specifically the date format) of Windows results in a "Main Thread Process Error". Fixed.2) ActiveRadarConnector did not properly accept ASV.EXE user selection and would not allow proper installation/configuration for ActiveRadar use over wideFS. Fixed.3) When manually entering a flight plan (vs. import), the departure and destination airports might not be correctly displayed. They would show as "DGAA or DXXX". Fixed.4) WideFS installations might use the wrong FS9 path for copying AE textures if FS9 had been previously installed on the WideFS machine. If FS9 had been subsequently deleted on this machine, it could also result in "Error on Submit". The currently configured FS9 path will now be checked on ASV startup and allow you to browse to the correct one if it is not initially found.5)

Guest dswo

>4) WideFS installations might use the wrong FS9 path for>copying AE textures if FS9 had been previously installed on>the WideFS machine. If FS9 had been subsequently deleted on>this machine, it could also result in "Error on Submit". The>currently configured FS9 path will now be checked on ASV>startup and allow you to browse to the correct one if it is>not initially found.Thank you for addressing this so promptly! Question: how do I browse to correct path? (I get the "Error on Submit" and click "Ok" but that just puts me back on the AE Configuration screen.)EDIT: My WideFS client (where I am running ASV) does have an installation of FS9 -- just not the one I want to use.

Has the complete_airport_list.txt been upgraded to include all standard FS2004 airports? Yesterday I discoverd that my home airport (EBOS, Ostend, Belgium) is not included (and it was in AS4.5)

Hi,EBOS is my snapshot. Keep in mind that if a station is closed at night or misses a reporting cycle that the weather will not show in the snapshot. In this case ASV will use the data from the closest reporting station. EBOS is in the airport list also, so things look OK from our end! Please let us know if this is no the case!! Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Sales and Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_dev_team.jpg http://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_proud_supporter.jpg

Guest dshiina

> 1) Japanese language (specifically the date format) of Windows results in a "Main Thread Process Error". Fixed.What a quick solution, perfect!!DAN

Guest Keith Cocker

Hi Jim,Thanks for this speedy work. Bad news I'm afraid is that the Active Radar Connector Problem is not fixed for me. The update does allow me to select the ASV.exe now but two stages beyond that is a new block. After the message "FS2004 Path Located. Click next to commence installation.." I get "Program Error.. Exiting (Verify proper file ocations and Mapped Drive to the ROOT of the WideFS/ASV Machine)"The procedure I am following is.FS on Machine 1; ASV on Machine 2ASV working fine in regard to weather generation. I have a mapped drive to FS on Machine 2 and that is correct in the ASV.iniI have a drive on Machine 1 mapped to the ROOT of the ASV installation on Machine 2I run the Active Radar Connector exe on Machine 1 by using the Mapped drive to the root of ASV installation on Machine 2.Am I incorrect in what I am doing or do you need to do some more work on this problem.Thanks - ASV looks excellent.

About the same issue here. When I select the ASV.exe on WideFS pc through a mapped drive, it promts me back to 'You must select ASV.exe before continuing' every time.

Rune B.

Guest dswo

>I believe you need to edit the path to the correct FS>install.I've done that; see http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...&topic_id=17506I have also rechecked and retested the path. Here's what it says in my ASV.ini file:FS9Path = computernamefs9-- where computername is the name of my WideFS Server computer and fs9 is the share name of my FS9 folder on the WideFS server. Now, if I paste computernamefs9 into Windows Explorer, it pulls up my FS9 directory immediately. From here, I can rename files, paste files, delete files. For example, I can drag a cumulus01.bmp texture from the AE files on my client and drop it into the texture folder on my server. Explorer will ask if it's ok to overwrite the existing texture, but that's it. So the share is properly set up. As I have mentioned earlier, I have gotten sporadic success submitting files from AE. My WideFS connection works fine too. But 9 times out of 10, when I submit textures in AE, I get this message: "Error on Submit...FS Folder Target: computernamefs9." Needless to say, this also means I can't use ICS.Please help.

Guest dswo

Addendum to my note about AE and "Error on Submit": I have found that I can keep submitting new textures EXCEPT Cirrus. If I submit a Cirrus texture, I get "Error on Submit...FS Folder Target:computernamefs9." From that point on, I also cannot submit any other texture types without the error message. This seems rather significant to me...

Hi JimI have exactly the same problem as Keith Cocker: with the Active Radar connector I can now select the ASV.exe file but, as Keith says, 2 stages further that error message pops up. Having installed the active radar connector a few times before, I have no doubt that I'm doing it properly and that this is an installation problem. As a point of interest, this is from the Active Radar install notes:"If the ActiveRadar FS2004 installation verification fails for any reason, you will need to manually copy the ActiveRadar.dll file and ActiveRadar folder (from the ASV installModules folder) to your FS9Modules folder."I've tried this and it doesn't work, so I guess there's more to this than meets the eye.Paul Croft15 miles north of EGKK

Guest dswo

>Addendum to my note about AE and "Error on Submit": I have>found that I can keep submitting new textures EXCEPT Cirrus.>If I submit a Cirrus texture, I get "Error on Submit...FS>Folder Target:computernamefs9." From that point on, I also>cannot submit any other texture types without the error>message. This seems rather significant to me...Following up on this discovery, I started playing around with copying cirrus*.bmp files from my client to my server. After a few files, it would hang up -- "Check to see if disk is write-protected or file is in use" or something similar was the error message. Some of these were earlier Chris Willis textures, so I thought, "Maybe there's a funky permissions thing." I first tried to fix this by overwriting all the cirrus textures from a backup I had made last year. No good -- same problem. So, I deleted them: all the cirrus textures. Once again, I tried copying cirrus*.bmp from my client (which also has an FS9 installation). This time, success. I fire up ASV, open the AE panel, and start updating Cirrus. Everything works!I don't know why the Cirrus textures were resisting the overwrite, but I'll post this to its own thread in case anyone else has the problem.

Hi Paul, All,Sorry about the continued ARConnector problems. If you don't mind, please e-mail me @ damianc@hifisim.com including the names of the drive letters and paths you are using, I can send you some test builds as we change the code and ensure things are solved. Thanks!Concerning the manual method of installation,You need to also add the registry key (on FS machine):HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareHiFiASVInstall_PathThis should be set to your ASV program file path..i.e.C:ASVMODULESASVBut please do e-mail me before doing this, perhaps I can solve the problem in arconnector very quickly.. Thanks again..

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

I am not sure this is aproblem with me, my loading or the program, but when I get the ActiveRadar screen on the small view, it will disappear after a few seconds whenever I put some views on the second monitor............it will pop back for a short time if I click on something in the main screen, any thoughts?? Also, I tried to do theMIPMAPS but it needsIMAGETOOl.EXE, I downloaded that but it wants to move directly to FS9, and I can't get the EXE file out of the Terrain SDK, is there a way to get this out?? Culd this be part of the next update?? Anybody have the same situations?? Dick Leonard