Sign in to follow this  
JSkorna

*******--Service Update is Released--******

>Hi Paul, All,>>Sorry about the continued ARConnector problems. If you don't>mind, please e-mail me @ damianc@hifisim.com including the>names of the drive letters and paths you are using, I can send>you some test builds as we change the code and ensure things>are solved. Thanks!>>Concerning the manual method of installation,>>You need to also add the registry key (on FS machine):>>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareHiFiASVInstall_Path>>This should be set to your ASV program file path..>>i.e.>>C:ASVMODULESASV>>But please do e-mail me before doing this, perhaps I can solve>the problem in arconnector very quickly.. Thanks again..>>>>same problem here and manual registry edition is not working either???I hope there will be a quick fix.For the rest, it seems to be a great productYves

Does one need to download the service update as well if the download of ASV was done today?Thank you.

Guest Hermann

Hello Just like to know wheather there is an progress about the activeradar connector issue. May you meanwhile explain how to make it manually work. Problems how to manage the registry entry..Herman

Hi DamianEither there's a further problem with AR or there's another step I need to take apart from the single registry entry because, having not heard from you for a day or two now, I manually edited the registry as suggested with the result that, with Active Radar turned on (which does now appear to work properly), the flying pc started getting CTDs :-(Paul Croft15 miles north of EGKK

Not sure what else could have caused the CTDs. I haven't added any new software apart from ASV for weeks. However, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the ASV folder and dll file and deleted and reecreated the ASV key and string in the registry and, touch wood, I've had no CTDs for about 30 minutes now - which is far better than before. If you hear nothing further from me on this you may take it that this was one of those odd glitches which has magically cured itself.Best wishes. Wonderful update from 4.5.Paul Croft15 miles north of EGKK

Guest jgrab1

Howdy.I downloaded ActiveSky 2004.5 via SimMarket a while back. Unfortunately, I didn't think to save the original program so that I could install it again if need be. Now I need to reformat my disk drive and reinstall everything, including ActiveSky. Is there someplace I can download the program (installer) again?Thanks.John Grabowski

Guest gordonrd45

I have encountered exactly the same problem.

Guest Sunny9850

Hi Damian and John,first off let me start by saying my cudos for another absolutely stunning product....amazing is too little a word for what I have seen on my first couple of days of flying with ASV.I am probably the last one standing but I love having my FSFlightmax to display the radar feedback and it seems that the ActiveRadar thing is once again giving a bit of grief to a number of people. I have not even gotten to that test stage yet....;-)Is there any way to have the WideFS PC generate the met file and not even bother with the AR....less network traffic and less work for the FS PC ???Since I am aware that I may be the last one using Max I understand this will not be a priority...but if you have a few free minutes...I'd sure appreciate it :-D

Hi,Thanks for the comments!!The WideFS computer has ASV on it correct? Then you just need to point FSMax to your ASV folder. This whole thing has not changed in a long time! It's the same since wxRE!!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Sales and Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_dev_team.jpg http://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_proud_supporter.jpg