Sign in to follow this  

The dreaded visibility changes

Are there settings people recommend for the sudden visibilty changes? Do I really need to load a flight plan each time to fix this? I was just flying around Floriday using real weather, t-storms galore!, but I kept getting sudden visibility changes. I tried default fsuipc settings and then checked the vis limits but neither seemed to fix it. My visiblity smooth setting is every 2 seconds, tried 10 as well. I'm just not sure the best settings to help correct this problem, any help would be appreciated.By the way, thank you for the update! It is a real pleasure to see such quick bug fixing for a great product!

Guest varignet

>Hi,>>If the vis suddenly jumps from under ten to over ten then FS04>can't handle this. This could be what you are seeing.>I'm aware of the 9999/6.2miles visibility glitch and thought ASV could take care of it somehow. The main reason why I switched to ASV is to have consistent weather that doesn't jump from blue to grey and grey to blue.Ideally an animated gradient that changed the whole sky smoothly from one color to the other would do! I hate the suddent snap from one color to the other :-(So there is nothing to do about it.in case I set min visibility to 10miles in order to prevent suddent vis changes, would ASV still be able to depict thick fog somehow? RegardsLuca Zappala'

Hi Luca,Yes the FS9 internal engine for visibility rendering has not been changed, it still changes horizon draw method at 9.99 and 59.99. You might want to try the bluish haze set, this can make the horizons match a bit more during the switch.Fog layers can still be simulated (if enabled, default) if you change min vis to 10sm. This should provide fog with some limitations (since this is very elevation specific it may not be idea in mountainous tarrain or when the airport you're flying into is not immediately near a wx reporting station). But it should work pretty good. This is activated when vis is less than 3 miles...Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

>So there is nothing to do about it.Something can be done about it provided you can live with compromises, namely max visibilty set at 29 miles. If you are interested let me know and I will give you all details.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_beta_member.jpg

Guest varignet

>Yes the FS9 internal engine for visibility rendering has not been >changed, it still changes horizon draw method at 9.99 and 59.99. You >might want to try the bluish haze set, this can make the horizons >match a bit more during the switch.I'll try the bluish haze and what thickness would u suggest?>Fog layers can still be simulated (if enabled, default) if you >change min vis to 10sm. This should provide fog with some >limitations (since this is very elevation specific it may not be >idea in mountainous tarrain or when the airport you're flying into >is not immediately near a wx reporting station). But it should work >pretty good. This is activated when vis is less than 3 miles...If this situation is considered good, why isn't 10vis min activated by defaults?I did some testing with 10sm min value, a real weather (nice fair weather at lirs) and added the fogged-in weather condition in the fx configurator:I get grey fogged-in sky at the airport that snaps from grey to blue during climb (by the way horrible framerates with 256x256 mipmapped clouds on my ati9600, still waiting for the dxt3 patch).>Something can be done about it provided you can live with>compromises, namely max visibilty set at 29 miles. If you are>interested let me know and I will give you all details.>Yes please, I don't mind low max vis values as where I fly most of the time (italy) max vis is hardly over 40 miles :)Regardsand thank you guys!!!Lucap.s.how do u keep your min/max values and haze colours/thickness?do you live with grey/blue sky popping?

This is my answer:1. In FS9 set clouds draw distance at 30 miles2. In ASV set max visibility at 292. In ASV turn "Depict Haze Layer" (or however it is called) offThe above should never give you sudden visibility transitionsMichael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_beta_member.jpg

Guest varignet

>1. In FS9 set clouds draw distance at 30 miles>2. In ASV set max visibility at 29>2. In ASV turn "Depict Haze Layer" (or however it is called) off>The above should never give you sudden visibility transitionsHello,what does the depict haze layer in detail? is it on of off by default? why? (sorry I read the manual but I'm still confused).Micheal, do you set min vis 10 and max vis 29 ? I like! just a pity that when you flight a cruise level you're forced to see 29sm max. It would nice to mix it with the fsuipc settings in order to have graduated visibility... :)ciaoLuca

Hi Luca,Depict haze layer will draw that thin, low layer of haze that follows you whereever you fly in FS04; over water, mountains, desert, ect. Many users like this, so the option exists. Keep in mind that with this option on, the AE haze layer is disabled.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Sales and Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_dev_team.jpg http://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_proud_supporter.jpg