Sign in to follow this  
Guest MrBitsy

Turbulence

Guest MrBitsy

Overal, ASV is a superb program. After reading the manual and optimising settings, I now have a realism not experienced before. I love the way the aircraft will bob around in the changing winds and thermals. Landings are now a challenge at times.However, The turbulence never gets to the level where Its a challenge. I have flown in silky smooth weather, but also in weather where it was impossible to hold a camera steady to take a photograph! I believe I have ASV set to the maximum turbulence I am likely to get.I read in another post turbulence has been sacrificed in the search for smoother wind changes. Could this bias be user selectable for us pilots who don't mind the odd sharp wind shift, so we can have realistic levels of turbulence?Ray Keattch

Guest MrBitsy

>Hi,>>Disable FSUIPC wind control and disable direct wind control.>>Hope this helps,>Jim>ActiveSky Sales and Support>http://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_dev_team.jpg>http://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_proud_supporter.jpgThanks Jim, but am I correct in saying that will not allow me to set winds that drift over time? I currently have that set to 30 secs as suggested in the manual.I'll give it a go, but I think the way ASV nicely varies the wind really makes a huge improvement that I wouldn't want to lose. If its turbulence or direct wind control, then I think you have gone the right way with DWC (I have FSUIPC wind smoothing off now as ASV does a great job)!Ray Keattch.

Direct Wind Control and FSUIPC Wind SMoothing Control are both in ASV options..

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest MrBitsy

First couple of tabs in FSUIPC deal with weather. I'm at work but I think there is a wind tab. With wind smoothing on, you lose a lot of the turbulence effects.I have unticked wind smoothing in FSUIPC, and selected direct wind control in ASV. This gives a nice amount of turbulance and variance to the flying AND stops sudden wind shifts.Another important setting in ASV is the vary wind over a set time period. As I say I 'm at work so can't remember the exact name of this setting, but I have mine set to vary the wind every 30 seconds. This adds a little more drift and turbulance that needs correcting when flying.The clouds in ASV are really nice, but what they have done to make the atmosphere a little more unstable is great.Ray keattch