Sign in to follow this  
brucewtb

Attempted ASV purchase hassles

When I get to the Paypal part of the purchase process I get the following error message"The requested URL could not be retrievedWhile trying to retrieve the URL: www.paypal.com:443The following error was encountered: Unable to determine IP address from host name for www.paypal.com The dnsserver returned: Server Failure: The name server was unable to process this query. This means that: The cache was not able to resolve the hostname presented in the URL. Check if the address is correct. Your cache administrator is root."Grateful if this could be fixedBruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Guest steku

There are many of us having problems with PayPal.HiFiSim promised another payment opition will be available in a couple of days. Unfortunattely I don't know how many days exactly...

Thanks for the advice. I've purchased more FS addons than I care to remember over the years and this the first time I've had any significant problems. Tried IE because I thought it might have been a Firefox problem, but with IE the browser just froze when attempting to get to the paypal checkout.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Hi Bruce,Sorry about these problems...It appears that your computer cannot access the paypal site for some reason, most likely a temporary network issue. Does it work now?We are actively working on putting at least 1 other option online in the next few days. Thanks for your patience and sorry again for the inconvenience..Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Sorry 12 hours later and I still get the same error message when my browser (Firefox) attempts to contact Paypal. Are they a site that can't cope with transparent proxying or any proxys for that matter as all nearly all ISPs in Australia use them? Any progress on alternative purchase methods - it seems quite a lot of eager potential ASV purchasers have problems with PayPal?Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett