Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tim W

Fokker F70/100 causes my PC to crash!

Ok, at least I think it does. ;) I never had a single crash or hang on my system until I installed the Fokker and all it's extras. The first crash came right after installation, when I started them engines for the first time, it crashed after engine no 2 started. Hard reboot.Now I'm getting random crashes with other a/c too and it's pissing me off. I suspect that this might have something to do with the fssound.dll module, as the Fokker installer replaces it?My system specs: XP2200, geforce 4 ti4200, sb 128 pci, op.system XP with SP1.Thanks for any comments.

That's interesting. The same thing happened to me with it. My system locked as I was manually changing a Nav frequency. I found it strange as well since I really never have lock-up problems.

Sure thing. Try and use the 'N+1' keys to change the nav freq, and something bad happens. I just don't touch it.Ed Jenkins

Guest Don_Eliot

Had it happen twice. Wasn't using the n+1 key but both times the error message mentioned mod g2d.dll Something in there is very touchy. Hope someone will be able to figure out what it is.

Guest Tim W

They do mention this on their website www.avsim.com/fokkerUnder "support" and panel it says:-FS2002 gives blue screens (or computer to crash) when loading the panelA few video-cards seems to have difficulties with the file PF10070_SEI.gau during panel load. How to fix:Download and install the latest driver for your video-card If this does not work, do the hard way and delete the file with the name PF10070_SEI.gau from your FS2002/gauges directory. This limits the numbers in the 8 displays of the SEI gauge to show static as if the engines run idle. We think it's better to see static (fixed) numbers in the SEI displays than nothing. regardsTim