Sign in to follow this  
Guest sCubaboy

ASV, Widefs,Wideview on 3 pc's and 6 monitors

Guest sCubaboy

Ok, i have a question now... been looking aroundI run 3 Pc's, 6 monitors. 1st Pc, which is my main, runs fs9, 1st monitor runs cockpit, 2nd monitor runs overhead panel, throttle quadrant, fsnav, radio panel, and some other panels, depending on the aircraft i am flying.2nd PC runs Fs9 but in wideview mode. 1st monitor front left view, 2nd monitor front right view... nothing else runs on this system.3rd PC is my laptop, which runs servinfo 2.2, and on 2nd monitor hooked up to it runs meteor reports and sb3. Now also running active sky5Now, i hope I did this right. My 1st pc(main) runs widefs, as the server. The 3rd pc (laptop) runs widefs as the client. THe second pc at the moment is not running widefs. I did map all three computers. I ran the active radar on the main pc to the laptop and that worked. I tried running it on from the 2nd PC but, did not... because wide fs not installed? I however, did add the "active radar" module file over to the 2nd pc, as well as the .dll file. In the modules section of the FS9 modules folder on 2nd PC.All seems to work. The main pc gets the weather info from the laptop computer. Now... as for the 2nd pc.. sometimes the weather matches up, sometimes it doesn't.. I don't expect the clouds to match exactly, but do expect them to look somewhat the same. Meaning, main pc shows major cloud overcast, where the 2nd pc shows maybe a lower layer cloud. Once in a while, they will match. I tried manually update remote weather now from wideview, but it doesn't always work. I have currently disabled auto weather update with wideview, and try and do it manually... both don't matter.Now, should I have installed or should I install widefs on my second pc as well? Then try and run the active radar program? Did I mess things up?Is there a setup for something like this? Any help would be great.Jay

Hi,If you are trying to get AR to run on the 2nd computer then yes, wideFS must be installed.

Guest sCubaboy

Ok, but run it as the server, or the client? I have tried both. Both don't work unless I am setting something up wrong. Is there a line I can add to my wideclient laptop to also send info to my second pc if i install the widefs server so it can connect to it?This software is great, but having such great weather on main pc, and having fs weather showing up on 2nd pc isn't doing the sim justice.Thanks,JayEdited --- Trying to run the active radar program... from 2nd PC fs9 to laptop gets me to the stage:ASV path located... Now click next to automatically find your FS2004 InstallationI click nextI get "FS2004 installation not found! This program needs to be run on the FS PC"I have 3 drives in my secondary PC (C,D,E) FS9 is installed on my D drive. Windows on another drive.

Hi,As client.You may need to use the manual method.Also, my knowledge of networked set ups is pretty limited so I don't know how much more I personally can be of more help. Just being honest!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Sales and Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_dev_team.jpg http://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_proud_supporter.jpg

Guest sCubaboy

Not a problem Jim, but thanks for your help.I have learned I can not run widefs as a client on my second pc, as it is running fs9 as well. I am not sure what you mean by Manual method however.I have currently started connecting my second PC to multiplayer in Observer mode. The funny thing here is that when i open the multiplayer box, SB3 shows up in the sessions and I am able to connect to it. I run SB3 on my laptop computer. If I can get the same info from SB3 (meaning text messages from other pilots and atc) showing up on both main pc and second pc.... there must be a way to send the weather info over to it as well. I don't know much about programming, and don't know if a .dll file or something would be needed.As another question... would replacing my second computers default fs9 cloud textures and replacing them with activesky's, work?Thanks for any input... would love to solve this.Jason

Guest sCubaboy

Sorry Jim, no that didn't help.Use the AE interface to do what?I have have given up hope on this.Any way of getting my money back?Jay

Guest sCubaboy

Ok, better yet...... Any suggestions what my settings should be in my OPTIONS and AE interface for this kind of set up?Maybe I should restart with this.Jay

Guest sCubaboy

Ok,For now, i guess disregard this thread... As i know you guys know nothing about my kind of set up.After playing around.... It seems I have pushed the right buttons, and set things right.. as I have done one flight... and now on my second flight, with things the way they should be.Its looking good.Jay

Guest sCubaboy

Hola Jim,This is not needed yet... as I stated in above post... about the same time you posted your message.I don't know what I did... as I did a lot.. but I am now on my second online flight, and the weather is matching now. I did something half way through my first flight that worked... and so far, its working now. If it works when I reboot all my computers later.. I will not know till tommorow... but so far... so good.You can keep my money for now :)JayP.s. ---- Seems like we are typing at the same time.... as after I typed this, got your other message on the forum.

It sounds like you got it working. Would you care to share with the rest of us how you got it to work?CheersJon

Guest sCubaboy

Hi Jon,Actually I didn't get it fully working. It seems the weather will all match up over time... around 2 hours or more.. which is a long time. I am doing a test flight now, to see how it goes. After my reboot the next day.. the weather was still not syncing untill 3 hours after startup and mid flight. Since I had time.. I did the return 3 hour flight, and the weather synced up fine.I'll let you know.Jay