Hi bob,I know you guys have been back and forth about the plane stuff. Now what happens if you don't use ASV? or if you use AS2004.5?We tested the cr** out of ASV and no one one the beta team experienced this. Now I am NOT saying that it couldn't be ASV. All I am looking for is a test to see IF it is ASV as it stand right now on your machine. Can you test things for us? We would appreciate the information!!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Sales and Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_dev_team.jpg http://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_proud_supporter.jpg

Guest bobsk8

>Hi bob,>>I know you guys have been back and forth about the plane>stuff. Now what happens if you don't use ASV? or if you use>AS2004.5?>>We tested the cr** out of ASV and no one one the beta team>experienced this. Now I am NOT saying that it couldn't be ASV.>All I am looking for is a test to see IF it is ASV as it stand>right now on your machine. Can you test things for us? We>would appreciate the information!!>>Hope this helps,>Jim>ActiveSky Sales and Support>http://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_dev_team.jpg>http://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_proud_supporter.jpgI have read at least 4 posts today, by people having this problem when ASV is running. I have been flying sims for many, many years and never had landing characteristics change on an aircraft from flight to flight, in such a drastic manner. I also never have trouble, landing on the numbers, from 737's and ATR-72s to a Cessna, I pride myself on flying consistent approaches, like I do in the real world. I purchased the Carenado C-182RG at about the same time I got ASV. At first I attributed my long landings to being new to the aircraft, and possibly coming in a bit fast. I gradually got my approaches down to a fairly low speed for this plane (60-65 knots) and still would almost have to force the plane on the runway. I complained on several forums about the poor landing characteristics of this plane, and other people after reading my posts, would claim they had no such problem. Now the patch comes out, I fly the plane this morning, after I installed the patch, and the first landing was perfect ( hand't turned on ASV for the flight test.) I come back from breakfast, fire up ASV and FS9 , and take off to do a touch and go, and back to the floating down the runway problem. Several people today alone, have stated that they see this same thing going on with planes they are very familiar with such as SF-260 and a payware DC3, with ASV running. Since this doesn't happen every landing, it is hard to try it with AS4.5 and ASV and prove anything. Check out this thread on MS Flight Simulator General Discussion on this web site. Service Pack For Carenado182RG Available"

Guest leglegle

I can confirm that I never got this behavior with AS2004.5, and have gotten it a couple of times with 40% VAS setting in ASV. the plane will float down the runway, power pulled, 30 degree down pitch, and 60 knots, I will just stay floating all the way down the runway.CB

Guest JIMJAM

PIREPS- Landing just after a heavy landed, my 690 commander experienced "heavy" wake turb causing me to float 3/4 down a 9000ft runway before I had to force the nose down.Taking off out of ATL with heavy trafic, my Level D 767 shot up overiding the 2500fpm ap command and maxed out the fpm gauge and later I experinced a downdraft so heavy I had to disarm the ap,lost about 2000 ft. There have been a few other mysterious uncommanded rollercoaster rides in other planes. Im going to fool around with or disable the wake turb settings and see what happens. Sure has made flying alot more exiting though...

Guest bobsk8

I tried unchecking autogenerating VAS points in the ASV menu this morning and landing was normal. Might give this a try and see if it makes a difference ( I only tried 2 landings, because of time before work)

Guest RickJ

I have experienced this myself (it's the main reason I joined this forum today) and not only in flare but at various altitudes. Any aircraft I fly seems to lose lift or forward airspeed or both and then the opposite happens. It's very unrealistic. At first I thought it was the a/c or my control calibration, but it stops with as4.5 and comes back with asv.I will try the suggested fixes mentioned here after I install the update. If it corrects things, then no news is good news. But if this persists, expect to hear from me again.

Guest eyssman2003

If you un-check autgenerate VAS points but leave Enable VAS checked, will you still get VAS due to conditions like mountain waves, etc? I'm wondering if just disabling the randomly placed thermals will do the trick.

I'm pretty glad to have read this thread.Thought my planes went crazy somehow when approaching LXGB, epsecially the Wilco CRJ seemed to float forever, and even the LDS767 was hard to bring down.I had some tailwind, but never experienced something like this before.Oh yes, and I have the occasional loss of lift and sudden updrafts as well, very annoying during finals; but makes life a little more interesting (soneone remembers the Lago product which shifted the COG and thus simulated wake turbulence and such?).Andreas

Guest eyssman2003

Thanks Jim. So, what settings do you recommend if I want to keep those updrafts/downdrafts/thermals that are caused by specific conditions such as terrain, and whatever other factors enfluence such things, but get rid of the randomly placed ones? I hope that's clear enough.

Guest 320MAD

Hi Jim,As you already know I have been using Active sky since the WXRE version and I'm now getting this too using the Flight 1 Meridian, and the RG as well. Another thing I have noticed is that the pressure shifts are abrupt even with 30secs for 03mb set in fsuipc. I landed at Rome LIRF with the PSS a320 and touched down with about 300 ft to go... it just kept on going and at LIRQ with the meridian I went missed about 5 times... Please address this issue...

Guest Henri W

Bob,While using ASV I had exactly the same problem with some aircraft I used to land on the spot. Of course, thermals can and do extend the the floating distance, but in reality it is quite rare to get such extreme behavior as observed here. In the Carenado 182RG I floated forever at 20-30 degrees nose down attitude, idle power and 60 knots IAS. After turning down the VAS frequency from 40% to 15% I only made a few flights (using the 182RG) and all of them showed normal landing behavior.Best regards,Henri

Guest bobsk8

I turned of Auto Generate VAS points in the Wind menu and landing performance now seems normal. You might want to give that a try.