Sign in to follow this  

PSS Dash 8 is available now for those who are intereste

NICE! :D Thanks for the heads-up! I knew something was up when I couldn't get access the Phoenix site!

The site is still not accessible. Must be busy right now.

You can get through if you keep trying... I'm at the transaction page right now, which is hanging, and has been loading for a few minutes...

Does anyone know exactly what the Win98 problem is. They're recommending ME or XP only. I don't want to hassle with a download and then try to get a refund if it won't run reliably on Win98SE. I'm not in the mood to beta test more payware problems.Trip

Well, I give up! I have been waiting to get on the site for 40 minutes. Guess I'll try another day, or spend my money elsewhere!Pete S

11:11 EST, I got in, purchased, and I am downloading components from the base installer now....It's all about timing. :)The download is going fairly laboriously, indicating a lot of people doing the same.Remember - it's essentially the first few HOURS of release of a very anticipated product. Tough downloading is to be expected.Maybe I'll get a flight in before I go to bed!-Germ(I did NOT see the livery packs up yet, so those wishing to do a package purchase may want to wait)

I have been trying to obtain the PSS Dash 8 but the PSS site must be the most user unfriendly affair. I have also had similar problems when purchasing previous PSS products....ineffective downloading routines. Why can't they be like many other vendors who first allow you to download everything and then you purchase the key or something....at least then you know you have the product before you part with your money! I can appreciate the fact that there might be a huge interest in the PSS product at the moment of release, but surely PSS should have forseen this with the associated downloading problems.

No problems with purchase, download or installations either. It did take a minute or so to finalize the transaction. Glad for cable modems.Brent

Guest Van

I second that on the cable modems!...Got mine very fast and so far it looks really good :)Regards,Van

Guest jase439

Uh...if they are expressly recommending ME or XP then I would trust them on that point and not bother if you plan to keep running Win98. It's not like they didn't tell you :)If they tell you in advance, "Win98 Users: Use at Your Own Risk" - well then, that's a pretty clear message for people like you wouldn't you think? Why would anyone jump headlong into something they're telling you point blank will have problems??? J

JUBII im downloading, cant wait to try this baby, ahh i need some sleep first, its 6am here.

I'm glad I sat there and waited! The Dash LOOKS great... Doesn't run so well on my:P4 1700256 RDRAMGeForce2 MX 32mbWindows XP60gb 7200 rpm HDDI attribute the long swap times mostly to my stupid video card, but a RAM upgrade shouldn't be NECESSARY to run though... Frustrating :~P, but Christmas is only a week and a half away. :-kewl

Guest Scoobe

Does not run well on my P4 2.8 with 1 gig of rdram either. Getting a pause every 3 secs on the nose reguardless of cockpit or external view. Only happens with this plane, no other. Its a shame because I was really looking forward to flying it but the pauses are ruining it for me. Its probably a problem on just my system, but since its just this plane, Im not going to re-install FS2002. Just can't fly it, thats all.Rob