Sign in to follow this  

PSS Dash 8 is available now for those who are intereste

Guest Deeks

Installed and test flown from YVR-PAE. No stutters or anything and no FPS hit .... about the same as any of the other 3rd party aircrafts. Quite a nice job in all.Rob: do you have ActiveCamera installed ....I saw someone else mention timed suttering on another addon craft and disabling (rename) ActiveCam fixed the problem. I have also removed it from my system.P4-1.8Asus P4B-266768M PC2100 RamRadeon 8500-64M (tweaked 2008 bios)WinXP ProDeeks

I'd like to try it too but it never showed up in my file download section. It's been billed to my credit card but no files for download. :(

VERY NICE!! I got a little pausing on swapping views, but overall it ran smooth. The handling is fantastic. I haven't read the manuals yet, but my early morning flight from Bozeman to Jackson Hole went well. Manual landings are comfortable in this bird.Congrats on a job well done Phoenix!

Guest Scoobe

Hi Deeks,Thanks for the sugestion. I took out Active Cam, but still get pauseing every 3 secs. Your sugestion sparked an idea and I tried it with some other moduals Ive had installed by different products, but still get the pauses. Im guessing I will have to re-install FS2002 in order to get rid of something that is not compatible with this plane. Im just afraid I may end up installing that thing again and run into this problem again. Funny how it only happens on this aircraft. All other plans run great.Rob

Run great on my system. Trying out one of the flights as we speak. I do have ActiveCamera installed.

Guest Grunt

I had a similar problem w/ the VC of the Archer (not in the Dash though) and I found that if I reduce the gauge quality in the aircraft settings in display settings to low (or whatever the lower value is) it eliminated the stutters I had similar to what you are reporting. Maybe give that a try? Good luck.

You dont mention your Video Drivers ??May we suggest 40.72 ... One of our testers had these problems with a "later" set and only cured it after "downgrading" to 40.72These are BY FAR the most reliable drivers around to date

Hi there-Is there any chance the Dash 8 will be available on CD in the shops?cheers

I have the same problem...and at the moment at 11h00GMT I am still battling to JUST GET A LINK FROM WHICH I CAN DOWNLOAD the Dash 8 to also see what it is like and whether it also stutters on my P4 2.0 GHZ, 1 GIG RAM, Ge Force 3, system. Now that I want to enter the PSS web site it is down. WHY CAN ONE NOT HAVE A TROUBLE FREE DOWNLOAD FROM PSS????????and NO REPLY to my e-mails.what is going on?

Guest Phoenix

Not sure what the problem is I have answered more than 300 e-mails today Make sure you send it to support and I will get you sortedRobert KirklandPSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg