Sign in to follow this  
Guest JIMJAM

Anyone having problems with LDS 767?

Guest JIMJAM

Trying to figure out why my autopilot is going crazy. Just started about the same time I upgraded to 5.0. May or may not have anything at all to do with Active Sky but my limited testing seems to indicate my problem only occurs with asv running.. The AP will sometimes blow though my set altitude then descend right back through it often all the way to the ground. The AP seems to have trouble with both maintaining altitude and real problems with a maintaining a set rate of climb or decent. I have change versions of fsuipc, deleted and reloaded the plane with no change. I also disabled the vertical air and vas points.

I've flown yesterday my first flight with the LDS767 since ASV install and I had no probs at all.ByeStefano

Yep - had the problem too. Seems like the weather sends a command that baro pressure is 00.00 even though I haveit set at 29.92. Aircraft jumps about, ATC (Radar Contact) gibve me some hurry uo and then it settles.Andy b

Guest JIMJAM

With so many variables running, its hard to isolate it. I turned off the vas, thermals, wake turb ect.Also the problem has not appeared to affect any of my other planes and I have most of em. A few flights went troublefree but on another, the ap sends me on a rollercoaster ride. Also happened with asv not running but then again I do not know what files it added or what it has running in the background.

Hi, "Also happened with asv not running "If this happend when asv is not running, then it is something else. When asv is shut down, there is no more relation with the sim at all.ThanksChris WillisHiFi Simulation Software Team Developerhttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_dev_team.jpg http://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_proud_supporter.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

JIMJAM,You don't say if you have installed the 763 service pack, it should help.As Chris says, if you experience problems with AVS NOT running then it is probably not caused by ASV.However I have had inconsistant problems with the 763 but I should state that I have done very few flights with it.The other day I did my forst 763 flight with ASV running and had no problems but the weather was mostly CAVOK and reasonably calm upper winds.My first couple of flights with the 763 went without a hitch, then my 3rd and 4th flight, with the service pack installed, caused problems.On approach the aircraft would not hold speed or ALT dialled in the MCP, this happened on approach on each flight, no idea why it happened but I consider it a glitch in the 763.I think the aircraft is extra sensitive to variations in wind and pressure when in the cruise so that may have caused your problem. The only real way to check is to set weather to 'clear skies', set no wind or pressure and don't run ASV or any other 'real' weather. If everything works OK set some upper winds and see if that causes a problem.

Guest JIMJAM

Yeah I have the update. Ran 2 flights today with no problems. With so much to tweak and countless options, its no telling whats causing it. Seems to be hit and miss but I sure wouldnt take her up in the real world behaving like this. Now Im working on the really bad fps Im getting when the weather is bad with lots of clouds. Turned alot of options down,various cloud sizes, lower rez,ect but its still kicking my uber computers butt. Sure is pretty though.....

Guest mkuebeler

>Trying to figure out why my autopilot is going crazy. This may be caused by external programs pausing FS9. At least, I recall some people were having this problem with Radar Contact running and RC can be set to pause FS9 at a certain distance from the destination, which people might choose to do on long haul flights. Make sure you don't have anything pausing FS9 (not sure if manually pausing the sim does it). There is a FS setting called "pause on task switch" which should be disabled, otherwise FS9 pauses when you switch out to another application like ASV.Mark Kuebeler