Sign in to follow this  

Flight1 DC9 does land correctly (Please Read)....

First of all I'd like to say sorry to Jim for me not fully understanding the autopilot of this aircraft and thinking there was something wrong with the design. Little features like this is what makes this DC9 project stand out. I think for the record if anyone is haveing a problem with the DC9 'Ballooning' down the runway during a landing should make sure all autopilot switches are turned off. I was only turning off the switch that is located on the panel containing the NAV frequencies/settings. I did not understand that there were two other switches that needed to get switched off. This is the solution to all those out there that are haveing this problem I'm sure. It's not a weight issue. Most of us are used to haveing one switch that shuts down the whole system (or pressing the 'Z' key), not three separate ones. Next time read the manual. Thanks Jim for testing out this problem...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

It takes courage to admit one's mistakes. :-waveMichael J.

Well I told Jim Rhoads over at Flight1 that I'd let others know if I find the problem not to be in the design but rather in user error. My concern is I've heard others here at Avsim comment on the same problem I was haveing and instead of letting people slam this aircraft just to save my own face, I thought I'd let others know what's really happening so they fully understand how to use the features in the DC9 correctly. Flight1's manual doesn't go into deep disussion about certain aspects of the autopilot so things can be easily overlooked. I still don't fully understand how to get the autothrottle to work. I'll ask Flight1 for some help there.Good-Day...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I thought I'd let others know what's really happening so they fully understand how to use the features in the DC9 correctly. Well, I was one who had problems with the floating, but it wasn't "mis-understanding" the system as from what I can tell you said it was an auto-pilot issue. I wasn't using the autopilot when it happened to me however. What helped me land better was of course practice and keeping a little extra fuel in her ;-)