Sign in to follow this  
PaulVR

Edeminsional3D Glasses

Has anyone tried the 3d glasses from Edeminsional?.

Guest Philip Olson

Yes, and I have to say that it is some of the best money that I have spent on FS in a very long time. The most impressive thing about them was my first flight out of Colorado Springs, I was always very disappointed in the lack of hills around town and the mountains always seemed flat but after the glasses it really brings out the differences in altitude. On my system I have some problems with the 2D panels but the virtual cockpit is great. You will have to reduce the stereo seperation when you first start using them to get used to it but that is not a big deal. Since these glasses work with almost all games it is a great investment, I use them for all games and sims except Fly!II, they don't seem to like Fly!. Trust me this is money well spent if you get them, especially if you have CFS3 and pan up for a look into the cockpits from above, it is incredible.Enjoy!Philip

Yes, and they are a great experience.

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

The 3D glasses greatly enhance the immersion into the game. Getting a real sense of depth also helps with landings, to judge your height for instance. I also like to replay whole portions of the flight sitting in a passenger seat and watching the landscape go by. It feels so real, as if you are really there!The 3D glasses really need GMax models though: that's where they really 'shine'. The glasses can't handle all 3D models, and treat anything non-GMax as if it were 2D. That's why most airport buildings lack a sense of depth and don't pass this 'real 3D test'. The glasses also are at their best when flying GA planes, like the Cessna 421 Golden Eagle, the Seneca V or the Dreamfleet Cardinal (all GMax models), and in VC view. 2D panels and non-GMax VC's look like flat cardboard drawings when using the glasses. That's why I never use them with the DF 737, the Falcon 50 or the Piper Cheyenne. The latter two have great looking VC's, but when using the glasses their panels look flat and spoil the illusion.Also, when you're flying high and fast in jetliners, they don't add too much to the experience. There aren't too many jets with great GMax VC's around, and most of the time you're flying too high to appreciate the depth in the outside view. At the time you could benefit the most from a 3D perspective, take offs and landings, you're so busy pushing buttons, you need the 2D panel. And that doesn't look very real with the glasses on: the outside world is 3D but anything from the inside looks like a piece of a stage setup.You'll also need a fairly powerful system and graphics card and a monitor capable of at least a 85 Hz refresh rate, preferably more (like 120 Hz). The 3D glasses are real frame rate guzzlers.In short: you will benefit the most when you fly GA planes with very good virtual cockpits. When you're exclusively into the big jets, I wouldn't bother getting them.Paul