Sign in to follow this  

Paul 01 - pleeeze help

Guest gasebah

Paul,you are my last resort. Maybe you can help. My multi monitor setup is completely messed up I am afraid.I have a GF4Ti4600 (1st and 3rd monitor) and a Riva TNT 2 PCI card (2nd monitor).1. When I reinstall drivers the PCI card is recognized as AGP card (do not know if that is a problem).2. When I change the resolution or refresh rate of the 2nd or 3rd monitor also the primary monitor turns black for a moment but stays at the same resolution. This was not the case in the past.3. When I go from FS2002 fullscreen to the desktop and return the screen is frozen. When I switch FS2002 to windowed mode and back to fullscreen everything is o.k. again.4. FS2002 does not store the window locations in a saved flight properly anymore.A post from a guy that has almost the same problem intends that the problem has something to do with refresh rates. I have the feeling that the problem is that FS 2002 refers to display settings that do not resemble the current sytem state. I tried to revert to other drivers, no cure. When I rewrite the FS2002.cfg. Fs2002 does not start. When I put my old FS2002.cfg in it starts but with the described problems.3DMark 2002 runs like hell, so the primary GF4600Ti instalation should be o.k..I will go for a reinstall of FS2002 first but I am afraid that this will not solve the problem. As I am writing this I start to remember that I installed the latest Via 4in1 s when the problem started. So I will try to revert them.AlexAlex

Guest Mgarmy

Alex,I am following this thread also as it seems that I started to experience the same problem. What I figured though is that when I physically disconnect my second monitor all seems to work as before. It is the dual monitor configuration that are causing me problems with freezing screens in FS. I have been running XP with SP1 for a long time without any problems using a GF4Ti4600 card only and have tried the last Nvidia drivers without any positive results.Mannie

Guest gasebah

>when I physically disconnect my second monitor all seems to work as before that is an extremely good hintIt would also explain why Jasper's problem did not go away although he formatted the HD and started from scratch. Do you have a Via chipset? Did you by any chance install the lastest Nvidia 4in1 Hibernator drivers or whatever they are called?I am at work now but will try to do the following when I come home. Uninstall Nvidia drivers -clean registry and system Backup from any Nvidia leftovers- uninstall Via drivers - shutdown PC- physically remove the PCI Video card as well as the 2nd and 3rd monitor. Restart the PC install Via 4.34 and the GF4. Restart. Shutdown. Physically install 2nd monitor to the GF4. Restart. Shutdown. Physically install the PCI TNT card and the 3rd monitor. Restart. Reinstall FS2002. If that doesn't help I will shoot myself. So if you do not see any posts from me in the following days I might have put an end to this misery.Alex