Sign in to follow this  
Guest frankathl

AS: Screen Flashes When Updating Wx

Guest frankathl

I'm using Active Sky 4.5 with updates(Build 1.93) and have noticed, just last night, that the screen flashes(once, no flickering), whenever the weather is updated(as confirmed by the ticker tape message bringing the latest METAR).I do not recall seeing this behavior previously. I wonder if it could be a driver issue, or something to do with FSUIPC(I have the version recommended with the last update, but cannot recall the version number)? Any advice on how to deal with this problem would be very welcome.BR,Frank

Guest frankathl

Thanks, Jim.Will try this and report back.BR,Frank

Guest frankathl

You suggestion worked, Jim! Thank you!Anyone know what I'm missing by not having Render To Texture enabled?BR,Frank

I believe you must enable that setting when using DXT clouds as were found in Chris Willis's FS Sky World. Otherwise, I've found no need to have it enabled.

Guest frankathl

Ah, I see!Thanks for your help, Jim!BR,Frank