Sign in to follow this  

PSS Dash-8 Initial Impressions

I am very curious whether the aircraft includes the dynamic wing views that have been missing from many recent commercial releases. The Dash-8 is one of the best aircraft to simulate from a pax perspective, with the overhead wing and the gear which retract into the wing.... I know the site advertises a full interior cabin view....-John

Guest Milio_B

"If 5GBP is too much for you then you really need a new hobby."Yeah, or get a new job, or tell your father to get one. Or start working yourself!:)Eve though I agree with all the things you say, I must say that statement makes me crack up anytime. TGBP IS too much for a BMP file, maybe it isn't to you, but to me and to him it is...You can't decide what it cheap and what is not, and then tell people to get a new hobby if they can't afford something, because simply you don't know what is cheap to them and what is not.Hobbies shopuld be for everyone. Flying a real plane is really expensive, therefore there's people that can't afford it and stick with MSFS. Why would they remain arms crossed, and not complain about the pricing of a product, or wait till they find a new hobby?"If you think you can do better for free, be my guest."There's another one. From now on, I won't give my opinsion on movies or music until I make my own movie and produce my own CD.

Guest Franken

What a great package! Bought the Dash and the one extra livery package I'll ever need. Price is just fine. You've got one very happy customer here. Worth every penny. Wonderful work PSS. :)

Obviously Milio you are missing the point of my post. First of all, 5GBP for a livery isn't too much money when you consider that PSS is a company and a company needs funds to operate. Creating something and then giving it away never kept a company afloat and never helped a company progress.If you want to have different liveries and can't afford to buy them create them yourself. If you don't know how, learn, I did. If you don't have the time to "trial and error" yourself through PSP or PS find a good step-by-step tutorial that breaks things down for you. If it is still too difficult ask somebody for help on the forums (that is what the forums are there for...to bring friends with a mutual interest together).What it comes down to is this. If you can't afford to buy a livery or 2 then why go out and spend twice as much for the plane if you are just going to be upset because the liveries cost money. It's not like PSS sells you the aircraft and then sends you an email stating, " HAHA now you have to buy liveries, HAHA".And as far as the opinions comment goes (music and movies) that is a moot issue since if you don't have the money to see the movie you can rent it (when released on video) for half the cost of seeing it in the movies and you can download music for free on the interent. If you can't afford the DASH or Airbus or whatever else then go find another aircraft to download. There is another DASH here at avsim that is great and free. And Project Airbus has a great and free Airbus. So what is your point about not everyone bing able to enjoy this hobby????????????? Some more thought should have gone into your comments.Or do you think that every company based around selling personal enjoyment should cater to the lowest common denominator?If yes, then you need A LOT more experience in the business world.Maybe you are right! I think I'm going to go and write a nasty letter to Mercedes and BMW because I can't take part in driving thier cars because they are too expensive. Oh yeah, and I have always wanted to go to Austrailia so maybe I will write to Quantas and complain because the cost of airfare is to high. That should work, right? I mean, why should I sit around "with my arms crossed"?Shane

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Another satisfied customer here. I get tired of people complaining of $30 addons...its the price of a pizza and a decent six pack (gone the next day). It's one family meal at a CHEAP restaurant (gone the next day). It's a crappy pair of shoes (worn out in a few months).

It's really depressing how this thread degenerated after less than five posts on the original topic...Anyway, I love my purhase of the Dash-8, and I think the pricing scheme is just fine, a bit steep, MAYBE, but the fact that you get HUGE discounts for buying liveries en masse makes things fairly reasonable. I received a 27% discount which equated to roughly a $12 US having purchased the base pack, a two-livery pack at seven pounds, and a livery at five pounds.Give these guys a break! They've just released one of their larger projects to you all, having struggled (I'm sure) to make it out by Christmas. Even more, it appears to be mostly bug-free on my machine. The autopilot works flawlessly, the FMS causes no trouble, and I just need to state how cool those windsheild wipers are! I just love to sit in the VC and just watch the wipers move. SO NEAT! Thanks for a great release, PSS!

First off, PSS chose to have separate livery packages i'm sure because of the great number of paints that they offer. There is nothing wrong whatsoever with this. It does take a great amount of work to do all that just ask anyone who does repaints. I have almost every add on aircraft you can think of, Flight 1, DF, FSD, Real Flight,PIC, just to name a few and how many liveries would you think they all provide? Let me tell you there are not any that offer a amount that differs much from PSS. Look at PSS's airbus package. Who has EVER offererd that many wonderful liveries in a package?? Flight one's new DC9 is a good example, it comes with just TWO liveries. But is that a "rip off" also in your opinion? What I hope to receive from this package is a great flight model as of first importance, second, a very good workable cockpit that comes as close to the real aircraft as possible {understanding the FS limitations} and last, one or two nice exterior models to fly. Pss users have always had the opportunity to offer their new paints to us and PSS even has these posted for us on their site, Thank you Pss for this! So yes I am "offended" at your Choice in words here. If you want to suggest to PSS that you think that a few more liveries would really improve your choice at purchase or will make your purchace more complete, just state that in a dignified manner. Also with a whole 7 posts to your credit, it might not be a good way to start off bashing {criticizing}PSS or anyone else until you have gained a little respect.

Shane, your post is right on the money! Very well put! The cost determined should have allot ot do with how much time and work went into the project as well, the Dash is a great looking aircraft and OBVIOUSLY allot of work went into it. If you can't afford it there is a great alternative for free. I too can't beleive how this post has turned out. I am debating buying it and followed this post to see if it could tell me which way to go , and again, another complaining post! Opinions are one thing, negative criticism is another, and we seemed to have allot of it lately. I support payware 100% and being a freeware designer, support it as well. the great thing about being a freeware designer is you don't have to cater to petty complainers, but you still get them.Regards, Michael

Best, Michael

KDFW

PSS has done just an outstanding job on the Dash 8. :-waveIf you don't have it, I feel bad for you all, because you're missing out...You wanna know what a real rip off is? The dam lottery... I keep buying tickets, and never get anything back.... :-lol

Thanks Michael!:)Shane

Ark

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Hey Graham,Please do not let a couple of negative opinions concerning your pricing spoil a wonderful day for PSS. I cannot remember many new aircraft releases that have recieved such initial high praise. Sit back and enjoy it. :)Keep up the good work and I hope it is a very profitable plane for your team. BobP:)

Guest Milio_B

Are BMWs and Mercedes expensive to you? I don't know, let's say yesIs the PSS Dash 8 expensive to me? YesAs many things in life this is relative.I never said they should lower their prices, I never said I though their products are awfully overpriced. If I can't afford them, I won't buy them. But you just can't blame anyone for aomplaining about a product being expensive and tell them they should get another hobby if they can't pay 5GBP for textures. NO ONE can, you don't know what is expensive to people and why....Maybe you didn't mean that, but that is how you phrased it, and that is what I understood.And about the movies or the songs, I think you get my point, twisting the argument like that won't help you, I was talking about making a critique to someone if you don't agree, not about the actual cost of a movie or a CD. The pricing is part of the product characters, and I can discuss it as much as I can say that Christina Aguilera's new song sucks/rocks. I don't have to make one myself to be entitled to comment on it.And I'm sure PSS did a great quality product. From the shots it looks great. I bought the PSS Airbus when it came out and I'm really pleased with it. That was not the point of my post. And who knows, I might even buy it.

Complaining about the price of something and accusing people of "ripping you off with thier pricing policy" are two different things.Not to mention this thread wasn't created to have a section for people to complain about a companys pricing policy.Shane

Ark

Two words for you all, PSS included.DreamFleet 737.Shall we count the liveries ;-)Eddie DKORD

Hey Chitown, bunch of words for you.Full & Highly Detailed Gmax Model Full Moving Parts IncludingSmooth Animated FlapsLanding Gear Rolling WheelsGear CompressionAileronsElevator2 Stage "Fishtail" Rudder2 Stage Roll Spoilers Props (Including Prop Pitch Animation & Feathering) Passenger Door2 X Cargo DoorsAir Stairs2 SPEED Windscreen Wipers (Also In VC) Visual Model Features 3d Modelled Reflective Glass WindowsFull Interior Including SeatingReflection MappingDynamic Specular HighlightingOver 30 LiveriesIndividually Switched LightingLogo LightLanding LightsApproach LightsTaxi LightsNav lightsStrobe LightsBeaconsPanel Floodlighting & Cabin Interior LightingGauge lightsFully detailed Virtual Cockpit IncludesHi Res GaugesAnimated YokesAnimated Rudder PedalAnimated Throttle, Condition, Flap & Brake LeversAnimated Trim WheelsReflective Glass On Gauge Faces Dynamic Specular Highlights in VC Advanced Lighting (See Above)2 Speed Windscreen WipersFlight Dynamics Fully Tested By Active Dash 8-300 Crew2D Panel featuresAccurate Dash 8 GaugesDynamic WX Radar (Displays Current Flightsim Weather) 2 Stage Lighting (Seperate Gauge & Flood Lights) Custom AutopilotProgrammable FMCTCASDynamic Panel Tooltips 2 Speed Wipers Switched From Overhead Controls 3D and VC Anim Straight from the PSS website!!!!!!!!Shane

Ark