Sign in to follow this  

PSS Dash-8 Initial Impressions

Guest Milio_B

I did not accuse anyone if ripping people off with their repaint policy!!And plus, threads are often created for a reason but then divert to other sub-topics, and I think that's ok and that is why forums are created.Again, I DID NOT accuse anyone of anything nor bashed PSS. I was just responding to what you said about looking for another hobby if 5 GBP is exepsnive.

>I did not accuse anyone if ripping people off with their >repaint policy!! >>And plus, threads are often created for a reason but then >divert to other sub-topics, and I think that's ok and that >is why forums are created. >>Again, I DID NOT accuse anyone of anything nor bashed PSS. I >was just responding to what you said about looking for >another hobby if 5 GBP is exepsnive. I wasn't directing that at you Milo. It was directed at the guy who made the "rip-off" comment earlier. Sorry, I should have been more specific.:)Shane

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Guest Milio_B

Hehhe it'ok, I guess I was a little too defensive on that one :(My bad

This is a new person on AVSIM...troll? pretty evident from his name...

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

>Does it not bother anyone that this gentleman chooses to >force his Ill informed opinionionated policy on you ? Yes! Not so much this one person, but the cumulative effect of reading similar complaints day after day after day. I love good freeware, and I hate bad payware, but vendors can market their wares at whatever price and I can take it or leave it.There should be a separate forum called "Debate Capitalism"http://jdtllc.com/images/RCsupporter.jpg

ugcx_banner.png

Guest ozhero

Hi all,I started this thread so must be my turn to add some more :-)I forgot to mention the excellent panel lighting both in the VC and 2D panel. It is simply outstanding!As mentioned when I started this thread I was very frustrated with trying to download this plane (still think it would be a good idea to have some "mirror sites" for downloads guys) but within the first 5 minutes I was a PSS Dash-8 convert :-)I also felt a bit guilty for being a bit to harsh in expressing my download frustration in the PSS forum.Well done guys and I echo the thoughts here. You are getting well deserved praise so don't let hotheads (unfortunately like myself sometimes) spoil it for you.Congratulations on first class work !

I love these guys that have a total of 2 posts here start bashing a product. We all know you sign up just to cause a stir. We all know who the regulars are that are here and contribute worthwhile messages. The rest should run back out to the store a get a refund for FS2K2 and go back to playing Nintendo.

Eric 

>You want to stick to freeware ? >FINE.. Your choice !! >>Does it not bother anyone that this gentleman chooses to >force his Ill informed opinionionated policy on you ? Good to see that the PSS attitude is still in full swing.Nope, it doesn't bother me at all. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, and he's not forcing it on anyone. I think lots of folks just choose to ignore it.That being said, PSS's pricing policy with liveries is pretty uncommon; of all of the flight sim addons that I've purchased, PSS and PMDG are the only ones that charge extra for liveries. I don't quite get it, but then again I've decided not to purchase any more PSS or PMDG addons. (Well...maybe some of the PMDG ones for FS2K2, but I was really dissapointed with their addons for Fly/Fly2).Dreamfleet's 737 had far and away the coolest and easiest livery distribution I've ever seen. You name it, they had a livery for it, and it was quick and easy to install.Jon (KSEA)

Perhaps that was a tad harsh, but I agree with the point you make...However, (plese don't think I'm beating a dead horse... :-)) surely someone remembers SimMan, who was a regular payware-basher. It seemed he could inflate the smallest things and make it seem as though he personally had been violated by the developer for not releasing their product on time. Look what happened to him...Anyway, look what I've done... And this thread used to be INNOCENT... :-lol

A reminder that PSS does have a forum here at AVSIM. We do understand that topics about PSS will flow into this forum on occasion, but lengthy discussions really should stay in the PSS forum.On another note, to those that think they can just come into a forum and spout off derogatory remarks about people, you are being watched, and will likely be asked to leave if it continues. This thread started off well, but took a quick nosedive after a particular post. I would suggest to that person and any others thinking of doing the same, rethink your quick attacks on people as we are truly getting tired of reading them in the forums.