Sign in to follow this  
creppel

What is this/Winds aloft with AS wxRE

What can cause this? Any wrong settings?Until that now problem. The winds aloft were exactly reflected in my FS2002. A friend flying with me had the same problem.Wind in ActiveSky is correct shown but in the flight simulator is a totally different wind.ww.jpg

Well, the weather was definately there. Not only in the gauges.Tonight in Europe ActiveSky worked fine.We will watch out at the next flight in that region.

Sorry, it is once again me. Same problem today. I dont know where my FS2002 takes this different wind from.WW.jpg

It seems that the problem occurs only in a range of 200 up to 300nm from/to origin/destination. May this helps to find out the problem.

Think this had to do with simulated winds aloft! Thanks for help.One more question: Is there no weather station on Hawaii for winds aloft for AS wxRE?

Tried it several times in the last weeks, but I did not get winds from theses stations:ITO,91285,19.72,-155.07,10"Hilo, HI"LIH,91165,21.98,-159.35,36"Lihue, HI"(from WMO.txt)Is it possible to add stations? If you cross the north atlantic you get wind from Iceland and next from Canada.I would like to add a station in Greenland like that:GSF 16504 4231 67.00 50.80 46 440101 500410 SONDRESTROM Put it in the WMO file but updates fail.Thanks.

Thank you, Sir. That helps alot.I added 6 stations in Greenland to my wmo.txt file, because I had none of them. It works fine.Do you have an updated wmo.txt file with all stations? 24 Jul 2003 is the date of my file.Hawaii is still not working but I really don

Happy Halloween.If I make a download and use AS offline then I get Hawaii. Online not. :(

That is strange. But I found the same thing as you in Online Mode, no station change for the winds. In Offline mode, what winds station shows up in the wxRE Winds window? Is it one of the HI stations?Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Sales and Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_dev_team.jpg http://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_proud_supporter.jpg

Online at PHNL I get this weather: PHIK 182156Z VRB03KT 7SM -SHRA FEW006 SCT024 SCT080 BKN350 25/20 A300 6 RMK SLP175 P0000 T02500200What is this? It is quite old and it shows PHIK instead of PHNL.Offline I get PHNL with this: PHNL 021253Z 06014KT 10SM SCT038 24/19 A3008(It is 13.24 Z right now)The wind station I got yesterday was 91165 (PHLI). Today there is an error with winds in offline mode.One more generally question: in online mode, how old are the winds aloft?