Sign in to follow this  
Guest lalo lolo1

Two problems with ASV

Guest lalo lolo1

First of all I want to make clear I have used all AS versions and I really liked the previous ones, but ASV is a total new dimension which makes flying much more enjoyable.My problems are two:1) I can't set the suppresion rate at less than 100. If I want to set it at any value higher ASV immdiately resets it to 50. This is not big deal if flying over America or Europe, since weather stations are close enough, but when I fly the Pacific for example, I have those nasty and ugly sudden changes in weather. I read in the manuals that it is possible to set suppresion to values way higher than 100, but so far I can't make it do it. Am I doing anythyng wrong?2) Hurricane weather: I put myself at KMSY ground (hurricane time) and I am showed scattered clouds, winds at 8 knots. What's wrong here???Same happened last week when Katrina was hitting FLL.Thanks,Leo

Hi LeoDon't forget during a hurricane or even a storm sometimes there is power outages therefore resulting in the weather station being offline and the information cannot be downloaded. If you try an hour before or right after the power is back you may still get some stuff like heavy rain and strong winds, I suggest you try outside the radius of the eye of the storm as you may see reports from stations that are not shut down. Nobody is in the storm manually entering info for us, too dangerous!Hope this helped!

Guest lalo lolo1

That is not the problem. Servinfo is showing winds at 27G34, and FS Metar has hurricane weather. It seems to be some AS problem.Leo

Hi Leo,Surpression range... Should max at 200. I will look into this, there may be a problem introduced in a recent update?Hurricane weather... Originally it appeared a normal problem in METAR station closure, however it now seems to be related to the fact that we have an "apparent" valid report coming from one of our sources but that data is actually invalid. It is thus over-writing the actual latest valid data. We are working on this to avoid such situations..Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest lalo lolo1

Jim,Like I said before I owed every version of AS. I do save an close, of course.When FS is not running I can set 500 and stays in 500 until I open FS and get a weather refresh. Then it goes back to 50. If I set 200 it stays even after refreshing (I hadn't tried before, but just went from 100 to 500).Damian, thanks for your answer.Leo