Sign in to follow this  
Guest P3_Super_Bee

Rick Sasala a scholar and gentleman!!!! Thank You!

I had to come in here and applaud and praise Rick Sasala for all the help he has given me over the last week or so. I really liked his GIV model but had a few little nitpicky issues. I took them up with him in a professional and adult manner and the results were what I beleive to be a big improvement in his GIV model. I wanted "leaning" N numbers on the nacelles and this necessitated a seperate texture for each one, prior to this it was a single repeated texture not allowing the "lean". THANK YOU! I was working with him also on the reflectivity effects for the windows , and he did me a big favor in that regard also. THANK YOU! Yesterday while tweaking this repaint (below) I felt the need to change the cockpit window post textures to match the fuselage and Rick helped me work it out in short order. THANK YOU! Now I have what I believe to be a much better looking G4 , (not to say it wasn't really nice already :) ) All due to the fact that Rick cared enough about helping me. I pestered him a good bit and he never showed any impatience or frustration with me. THANK YOU! I will be doing final tweaks and will have maybe 3 different schemes for download some time next week (will be away for next few days) Thank You very much Rick, you deserve the recognition for being so responsive and helpful with me!Jim "Hornit" CampisiSome changes I have made: Got rid of grey area around cockpit. (see above :) ) Upped the rez for the numbers bitmap, allowing nicer looking registration Subdued the panel lines slightly, GIV's are cleeaaan! Changed the wheel textures for hub and tire. Darkened all interior textures significantly helping windows to look better when viewed from outside. In VC mode it looks crappy, but I don't use this right now.http://www.xplanefreeware.net/freehost/hornit/g4up.JPGhttp://www.xplanefreeware.net/freehost/hornit/g4up1.JPG

Rick certainly deserves such praise. This Gulfstream is a significant addition to our hobby!-John

Rick offers the challenge in his documentation for people to improve on the flight dynamics. I have no idea how a real Gulfstream handles, so I can't comment much on the flight dynamics. But it was certainly "flyable" as it was, and I haven't made any tweaks...

Rick's Gulfstream IV is a great plane and I love flying it, and this repaint looks beautiful! I can't wait to download it.

Hi Hornit!I also think that Rick is a great guy. His G-IV is a great addition to our hobby. I think that the things that need to be fixed are:1. The flight model is a little jerky. I know and I realize that the G-IV is a very fast and overpowered beast, but this thing handles like an F-15, especially on turns. I think it needs just a little tweaking - I'll let you judge that.2. I think the tail section elevators appear to be too thin; maybe they can be drawn to be a little thicker.3. The virtual cockpit needs work.Other than that, this airplane is a beauty.Good job! And I agree with the rest of the folks - your repaints are beautiful. Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullerthttp://www.aavirtual.com/images/aav48_banner.gif[/img]

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

The only issue I seem to have with the flight model is the nose attitude when your on final. It seems maybe just a few degrees too nose up and in the flare, other than that I think its very enjoyable to drive around. Its not "jerky" here really. I have spoken to some guys who have flown this great aircraft and they all said it is just like a fighter, very responsive and powerful. Especially so at light to medium weights, which is where i fly it. Im not real anal about the FM's, as long as it feels close I'm happy. This one "feels" great to me right now. About the visuals, its not perfect but it sure gets really close IMHO, and thats fine for me really.Hornit

With a numorous hours in both the G-IV, IV-SP and almost 1,000 in the G-V, I can confidently tell you that the G-IV, and the G-V all fly like a fighters.For those more familiar with the older Lears, the 20 series, you would find the climb performance of a lightly loaded Gulfstream exhilarating to say the least. Both have roll rates that can approach 75 to 80 degrees per second at lower weights, both are very overpowered, to the extent that on single engine little to no drift down from cruise alt

Hornit can you drop me a line at jetstar@bwwonline.comI would like to ask you a couple of questions about your repaint of this wonderful Gulfstream.Thanks!:-waveGene Bordelonwww.JetStarAirlines.com

Guest P3_Super_Bee

I agree, Rick is a pretty good guy. Don't know If anyone recalls the little dicussion we had on the C-20G, here in the fourms, over the past couple of days. It delt with the windows. It was a civilized conversation, and we both learned something new from the experience.I really like the way the GIV/C-20G project turned out. Here's something I learned in out discussion for you painters out there, put the USAF SAM colors on the GIV version(without cargo door) and presto, we have the C-20H.Jeff "Ace" FreyEwa Beach, Hawaii