Sign in to follow this  
KevinAu

AE Upgrade 2, with marking outlines!

For anyone who is interested, I've figured out how we can have runway/ taxiway markings outlined in black! This came about following some feedback I received in another post. So, it looks like I will be issuing a second version of the Airport Environment Upgrade with these further enhancements. Additionally, I will make a few other improvements along with solving the issue with ramp/ taxiway textures not showing up. I would appreciate it if anyone who is interested would provide me with a "wish list" right here in this post, and I'll try to include it in this new release. Below, you can see the progress with the taxiway markings.Bare with me folks, I've got an instrument check-ride to get through. It may be a few days before I find the free time I need to have fun making this happen.Season's greetings,Chris

Guest nutmeat

Looking forward to it! And good luck with your Instrument Rating.nutmeat

Guest RobA

Nice job, Chris! Take some pics of your successful debriefing. :-)Best,Rob

Guest Lobaeux4

Hooray!! Looks very promising so far Chris. Hope I wasn't a bother by bringing up the runways (or at least from keeping you from flying, instead of developing new textures).Thanks,Lobaeux

Guest Coneman

Thanks for working on this Chris! I'm really enjoying what you have done. Just a couple of questions, I have the mod installed that made the yellow markings darker and/or richer. Will this affect that? And can the taxiways and ramps have more of a tannish color?Thanks,Todd

I'm pleased with the response, thanks everyone. It sounds like this is going to be fun! To answer your question Todd, the color you have installed for your taxiway markings would be replaced by mine, but I will make an effort to make them appear as realistic as possible. Hopefully, you'll like the result....It doesn't interfere with my flying, but I sometimes spend a bit more time at this than I should. :) I'm also going to be working on some surface friction grooves as seen here: (should be pretty neat)Chris

Guest Lobaeux4

Looks great, can't wait to download.Lobaeux

That concrete texture in that picture looks so real...is that from your first update? If not, where can we get that at?

Eric 

It is a part of the 2nd version. Coming very soon! :)Chris

Guest kdfw

Hi Chris,This is great work.I recently downloaded Greg Russel's darker asphalt runway texture. What do you think about it?Thanks,Pat

I haven't given it a try. I'm sure it is fantastic though. :)Chris

Hi Chris! The textures look great!. Since you asked, there is something that I've been trying to figure out how to change for some time now. I wish that the the airport beacons could be seen from a much greater distance ( several miles) and I wish the radio antennas had three normal looking lights instead of one red blob at the top. I know the information is in there somewhere but I don't know where. Those are my two main wishes for changes in FS02 - don't know if that's exactly what you meant but nonetheless - there they are. Thanks for your time :-wave -- Dave

Hi Dave,You know, I wish I COULD change those things, they've always bothered me too. Unfortunately they are beyond my scope. I only know how to enhance textures, which is pretty elementary in truth. Some of these highly skilled scenery designers around here might have the answer though.Chris

also a nice think, which Microsoft unbelievable left out, are realistic landing numbers. if you have a runway 09 e.g. in real life ,Microsoft put "9" instead of "09"

Chris,You did a great job on v2. The new textures did indeed seem to quellthe flickering. One thing I did notice, though, was in Seattle. I seem to have lost all the taxiway markings there. Everything is cool, all the taxiways and runways are there, but no yellow and black markings. Have you heard if anyone else has this problem? I have Page Cline's Apron Fix 9 installed, which may have something to do with it. Thanks! Keep up the good work!Rob Diebold:-beerchug