Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

who knows what FLT.DLL is for ?

Do you have such DLL on your system ? If so, is it a system DLL or some add-on ?This DLL causes major problem for me - it practically rendered my Explorer inoperable so I can't even do file searches or open any folders.Thanx.Michael J.

I run Win XP Pro and FS2002 and it's not on my hard drive. If it's causing you problems I'd recommend removing it along with the software it came with.

>If it's causing you problems I'd recommend removing it along >with the software it came with. Not possible now. Without search or explorer working I can't locate this dll so can't delete it. I was hoping someone will be able to find this dll and tell me what program it is associated with. Otherwise I may have to switch to .. XP. (running Me now).Michael J.

I'd have a look in your windows/system and windows/system32 folders.When you're in them, right click a blank area and from the menu, select Arrange icons by type.You'll find all the dll files together in alphabetical order then. Makes it a swift search.Good luck.

>I'd have a look in your windows/system and windows/system32 >folders. I am afraid you don't appreciate my predicament. I can NOT open or look into *any* folder. I get "Windows Explorer caused fault in FLT.DLL... will close now ..".But thanks for the help.Michael J.

Thanks Chris. Someone also showed me this info. I will try tonight when I get home. I will try to delete this stuff from registry. A BIG nasty, stinkin problem and I do have anti-virus software.Michael J.

All is WELL !!Thanks again.I deleted this #####...Michael J.

Glad you deleted it. It is some sort of trojan/virus that's floating around. Haven't heard too much about it, but do a search on google.com, and you'll get plenty of hits.-John