Sign in to follow this  
bojote

Constant power setting adjustments during cruise

I mostly fly the LDS767, while in cruise the 767 throttle adjustments to compensate for wind changes while or VNAV are a bit annonying.. I was wondering if in 'real life' this is the way it is. I think I do have enabled wind smoothing somewhere in FSUIPC or ASV.. but still see this happening.. any advice?

Guest hlm65

If winds are always changing a little bit, even a few knots/degrees, this is the way it works in real life too. I remeber once in a 747-400 cockpit over the Atlantic that the throttles were constantly doing small movements aft and fore, and I kept watching the wind indication in the ND and really the winds were scallopping (4 to 10 kts and 10 to 30 degrees).

Thanks, this is exactly what I wanted to know.

Hi,VAS can also effect things a bit here... while it is mostly realistic, you may wish to lower the VAS frequency and/or strength to prevent excessive aircraft performance changes and associated autothrottle adjustments. Some aircraft air more effected by this than others.Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

I had this problem also with the LDS767.In cruise the throttles would be constantly moving.I know this happens in rl as I am a pilot,not the big iron,but the power was changing way to much.It was going from cruise power down to idle to full power constantly.Then I read a post from someone,can't remember who,to change the settings in fsuipc wind smoothing to 0 5 8.That did the trick.No more big power changes just slight ones that are expected.Jim and the rest of the ASV team you guys have done an excellent job on the programe and helping all with there problems great job keep it up!Frank

Frank Ryan

Yes Frank's solution may deal with it, but I think this is a (rare) Level-D issue, never notice same thing with the PMDG 737 for example

ngxu_banner.png