Sign in to follow this  
Guest ATA757PI

help with active wx time

Guest ATA757PI

Hi, new to Active Sky V. It's probably just me, but I have a problem with the "Active wx:" time, it does not appear to be updating - stuck at 12:19:50z. Have searched the forums but to no avail. I looked in current_wx_snapshot.txt file and it too reflects 12:19:50z. The z time at the moment is 20:45z.Great product - I'm having lots of fun with it.Any thoughts?Thanks,Mike

Guest ATA757PI

Hi Jim, thanks for the response. Online Updates are checked On, but when I checked this evening here is what I see:Local Date/Time: 10/12/05 21:18System Zulu Date/Time: 10/12/05 02:19ZActive wx: 130050ZFor Closest station:KLAX 130050Z 25010KT 5SM HZ CLR 17/14 A2994KLAX 122330Z 130024 26012KT 5SM HZ SKC FM0400 26005KT 5SM BR SKC FM0800 VRB03KT 4SM BR OVC007 FM1700 VRB03KT 4SM HZ FEW010 FM2000 25008KT 5SM HZ SKC FM2300 25012KT P6SM SKCDoes this look right? It is probably just my ignorance on how the system works. How often are the servers updated? Is there an inherent delay in the system or are reports real time?Thanks for your help and patience with this newbie...Mike

Guest ATA757PI

Jim,Thank you for your help (and education) on this. I believe the light bulb has illuminated!I've been away from simming for a long time - wow, how things have changed. With all the plug-ins and add-ons and utilities and such, it's really become easy to get a top notch experience.Keep up the great work - ActiveSky is on my system to stay...