Sign in to follow this  
Misha_K

New AI Planes??

Guest groundpounder75

Has anyone tried the new AI Aardvark planes for AI traffic? I was wondering how they are on frame rates.

Guest Maul

Hello,I'm using AI Aardvark's planes and I am very pleased with them. While there are only so many planes and liveries at the moment, I notice little to no framerate hit, even with AI traffic at 100%. I'm hoping they release more than just the dc-9 and 737 though. Moreover, I've found a lot of timetables that go with their aircraft, so I'm happy about that, all and all, give it a try, you won't be disappointed.MaulWho Wants To Fly The Big Jets In & Out Of Chicago O'Hare...I DO! :-wave

The Aardvark planes are an amazing improvement on anything that's been done in the past for AI planes. I've created a completely Aardvark set of flight plans using WorldAI as the basis and I'm getting at least double the frame rate I was previously with the same number of planes at the same airport.I've been doing 3D modeling for almost 20 years but never for FS. I'm glad a designer has decided to design with frame rate in mind. There's no free lunch here, the more polygons the FS render engine has to compute the slower the frame rate will be. And, this has almost nothing to do with the display card in your computer.The paint jobs so far are superb. I just hope Aardvark sticks with it and produces more models of the same caliber. I would think we need 757s, A319s, and A320s ASAP. And then maybe some heavier iron.I'm now using only Aardvark planes as AI.

Guest Stamatis

And where can someone find these Aardvark AI aircraft?Stamatis