Sign in to follow this  
Emile

On Final Approach... ActiveSky Version 6 + Graphics!

December 18, 2005ActiveSky Version 6 and ActiveSky Graphics AnnouncedHiFi Simulation Software has announced that the next generation of enhanced weather and sky simulation is about to arrive, with the pending release of ActiveSky Version 6 and ActiveSky Graphics.ActiveSky Version 6 features new FS9 wx-station insert and control technology to bridge the gap between existing wx-station reporting points. This brings much greater accuracy and realism to many areas, especially oceanic and rural. A side-benefit is much better transitions with suppression ranges up to 250nm and process ranges of up to 500nm. Flying oceanic and other long-haul routes is now a much more pleasant experience. Additional reporting ICAO wx-stations have been added (both client and server side), and a new Wx-Finder utility is incorporated to easily find desired weather conditions. New turbulence effects and option allow for as much in-flight turbulence as desired (with wx-conditional influence). New options, better wind smoothing, new ActiveSky Graphics integration, and refinement in many weather engine-related components have been made.ActiveSky Graphics is a brand new Cloud, Sky and Environment Graphics upgrade package that includes completely re-designed cloud textures, new content, new direct texture generation and management processes, and a new user interface that is visually appealing and extremely powerful. The end result textures are much higher in quality and offer thousands more combination possibilities (over 500,000 unique cloud texture possibilities alone). ASG supports full compatibility with all other graphic add-ons by allowing easy enable/disable of all texture categories.ActiveSky Version 6 and ActiveSky Graphics incorporate Wx-Influenced graphics selection capability, called "Intelligent Graphics Selection" or IGS. IGS now uses air stability, visibility, surface wind speed and aloft wind speed for conditional influence of all 23 different graphic texture selection categories. Between IGS, Random, and Custom theme selections with full automatic submission capability, your skies will become dramatically more beautiful, unique and realistic.IGS has been designed with open-architecture support to enable wx-influenced selections of other 3rd-party graphics content. With IGS, all texture categories (sky, environment, ground, water, etc.) can be dynamically selected based on wx condition influence categorization via IGS definition files. Developers interested in using IGS can contact HiFi @ development@hifisim.com for direct support in integration.ActiveSky 6 and ActiveSky Graphics are being launched as an integrated/combined product with a pre-Christmas release target. Existing ASV/ASVE customers will be receiving a FREE UPGRADE to ASv6+Graphics. Please visit HiFi Simulation Software's Website at http://www.hifisim.com for screenshots and more information!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Congratulations on the new release and thank you for your patient support over the past year. All the best for Christmas and the coming year.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

HI Drayton,It's up to you, but there is very unique and nice clouds in ASV6 very well represented, new sunset, all clouds have been redone with TONS of possible things in ASG option. AE does not exist anymore, it's called ASG, don't forget all the update after as well ;)ThanksChris WillisHiFi Simulation Software Team Developerhttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_dev_team.jpg http://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_proud_supporter.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest Anders Persson

What a great Christmas gift!I'm realy looking forward to this upgrade.Thanks alot to the whole team and all the beta testers I wish you all a very Merry Christmas!

Guest bisinchi

Hi guys,This is a great news and a great christmas present!! Thanks a lot for this superb addon!!I use it all the time now and I just don't know why I waited so long before buying it!!Merry Christmas to you all!!Fran

Guest psouthan

To all the Activesky crewI would like to thank you for the excellant service you provide, not only to me but also to the FS community in general. I am a systems analyst and I have nothing but accolades for the way in which you professionally manage Activesky. It is a truly great service and one which I look forward to spending more money on in the future.Merry Christmas Paul

Hey DON! Thanks guys, already amazed at the present program, looking forward for this free release for us customers ;P[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]AMD 64 4000+|ASUS K8V DELUXE|SAPPHIRE ATI X800XT PE|MUNCHKIN 3200|80 gig SATA|DELL 1905FP 19" LCD|TRACKir PRO|PFC JEPPESEN MOONEY YOKE|CH PRO PEDALS|