Sign in to follow this  
Guest jscharpf

help something happened lol!!

Guest jscharpf

I have no idea what changed but for some reason, after ActiveSky launches, and I run FS9, everything looks fine and then all of a sudden everything gets sort of foggy, then it all turns sort of white, I can't see anything but white shadows.I don't think any settings have changed but I don't know how to tell. Everything was working so great until today. :(As far as I know, all settings are what I've been running since I bought Active Sky, and I haven't changed anything. It was working great.Could the textures have gotten corrupted? As I said, FS9 looks great until (what seems to be) Active Sky starts changing it.(EDIT).. I wanted to make it clear, it's not just the clouds/weather that's messed up, my entire plane, VC view, outside view, is all white. The 2D cockpit looks fine but the outside world, VC, etc. is all white.If I load a new airplane, everything looks good again, then suddenly it slowly gets "foggy" (AT KMWC where the sun is out right now) and the entire screen starts to get whiter and whiter....it's really bizarre.(Edit second time). It appears that this problem only exists at KMWC (Timmerman field, Milwaukee Wisconsin). If I move my plane to KMKE (Mitchell Field, same city) so far it looks fine. How can this be?Any advice?Jeff

Hi Jeff,It took me over an hour to figure this one out, but I did it!The problem is/was that there was no dewpoint temperature in the METAR so the value defaults to zero. However the temperature was M15 and this cannot be: dewpoints must be lower than the temp, thus the strange looking effect in FS04.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Sales and Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_dev_team.jpg http://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_proud_supporter.jpg