Sign in to follow this  
greg100o

Installing Active Sky 6 for previous users

Guest Invert

First of all thanks Jim and Damien for your tireless work making our FS lives much richer Pardon my impatience and ignorance regarding the proper installation of Active sky 6 over ASVEAfter we download the new version - Im doin it right now - can hardly wait for it to finishSo we run the unwrapper and this will creat an installer for ASv6 - and like I always do make a copy of it and save it Then I uninstall via add or remove programs ASV - Active sky Version 5ASV - Enhanced UpgradeASV - Enhanced Upgrade (B363)ASV/AE 128x128 clouds resolution setASV/AE 512x512 clouds resolution set(Part 1 of 3)ASV/AE 512x512 clouds resolution set(Part 2 of 3)ASV/AE 512x512 clouds resolution set(Part 3 of 3)Then I run installer for ASv6Am I close :-)Thanks heapsPaul

Hi Paul,Yes, you are correct. The clouds can be uninstalled in any order, at any time. On the ASV stuff, start at the bottom and work your way up. The beta team had to do this so I know it works.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Sales and Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_dev_team.jpg http://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_proud_supporter.jpg

Hi Paul,Sounds good... Uninstall the ASV items with the add-ons/upgrades first, then the full version.Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest Invert

The response time ????????The customer service ???????Its just the best and quicker than a ping - something to be proud of fellasHave a safe and Merry christmasPaul

>>After we download the new version - Im doin it right now - can>hardly wait for it to finish>>So we run the unwrapper and this will creat an installer for>ASv6 - and like I always do make a copy of it and save it >>Then I uninstall via add or remove programs >>ASV - Active sky Version 5>ASV - Enhanced Upgrade>ASV - Enhanced Upgrade (B363)>ASV/AE 128x128 clouds resolution set>ASV/AE 512x512 clouds resolution set(Part 1 of 3)>ASV/AE 512x512 clouds resolution set(Part 2 of 3)>ASV/AE 512x512 clouds resolution set(Part 3 of 3)>>Then I run installer for ASv6>Heck - all this talk about removing stuff and cleaning up has confused me totally.I have the following in my Add Remove ProgsActiveSky2004.5 Full ReleaseActiveSky2004.5 UpdateASV - ActiveSky Version 5ASV - Upgrade from AS2004.5 InstallerASV - Enhanced UpgradeASV Service UpgradeASV Service Update SU2 (Unofficial B325)ASV/AE 128x128 Cloud Texture Resolution SetASV/AE 512x512 Cloud Texture Resolution Set Part 1 of 3)ASV/AE 512x512 Cloud Texture Resolution Set Part 2 of 3)ASV/AE 512x512 Cloud Texture Resolution Set Part 3 of 3)The readme with ASv6 suggests "..If you wish to uninstall ASV/E, please do it now, BEFORE actually installing ASv6*"So I figure I remove EVERYTHING from the bottom up as it were from my list above apart from the original ActiveSky2004.5 Full Release and ActiveSky2004.5 Update?Thanks - sorry to be so thick :-(

Hi,Yes, you got it! That's the problem with releasing so many updates especially with all the ASV and AE entries. We realize it is too confusing. ASv6 future installation items will not take up additional add/remove entries.. they will stay under the "ActiveSky Version 6 and ActiveSky Graphics" entry.Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest rolandus

Hi, Thanks - that's great :)Easy control using ASv6 with or whithout FE.And great support!Looking forward to try ASv6 ;)Best whishes for christmas,Roland

Ok I'm feeling dumb, but just want to be sure that I can Uninstall the 7 items in add/remove programs (indicated in red)Thanks.

bump....sorry normally i'm not this impatient, but with such a great product I want to off and running!

I think that you may be getting just a bit more concerned about this than need be. Let me tell you what I did -- it worked fine.I first installed ASVI. Ran it to be sure that the install went okay.Then, I threw all caution to the wind and uninstalled ALL ASV modules that I could find.Next, I did a reinstall of ASVI, which gave me the option of REPAIR.All done. No pain. No anxiety.PLUS . . .I sleep better at nights. ;) Wilson

Hi,Just installed ASv6 and uninstalled ASv5 but I'm left with the 512 cloud sets.I know that I should have uninstalled them first (sorry - I got too excited and didn't read all of the instructions properly!!) but now I can't as it requires ASv5 to uninstall them. Is there a way that I can get rid of them??Many thanksAndy

Guest allblack

Interesting thread.Going to try and D/L AS6 tonight, so reading this with great interest, ESPECIALLY the bit about deleting all of AS5 beforehand. ###### me a bit...From what I recall, AS6 was a 46MB download? I could be wrong - I cancelled the D/L last night as soon as I saw it was so busy.However, looking at the screen-print of the Add & Remove screen attached by an earlier poster, the AS5 files being removed totalled approx. 650MB!I'm probably going to regret asking this...but how can a 46MB download replace a 650MB download???? AS5 alone seemed to be 413MB.On an aside note, I'm picking up Resident Evil 4 for the PS2 tonight. Should get fit running between the PC and PS2!CheersTim