Sign in to follow this  
bojote

Nav 3.1

Guest Lobaeux4

Does anyone know if there's been an update to this great freeware navigation database? Seem to be missing quite a few SIDS/STARs and such, any way to update them?Thanks,Lobaeux

Check this out: Nav24Nav24It's the same product, but developed in a different direction (Nav3 went one way, Nav2 went another). Both are based on the same public license. I'm not sue if the database is up to date, but it is more current (and you could always add your own SIDS/STARS).Beta 10 just came out. You'll need to look further down the list for the Beta 5 files. You'll need these. It works fine on my machine (Win XP). EnjoyBrad

Guest Lobaeux4

Thanks, I'll check it out.Lobaeux

>Does anyone know if there's been an update to this great >freeware navigation database? January 21, 2002 is the most recent release.>Seem to be missing quite a few SIDS/STARs and such, any way to update them? They are stored in text files that you can edit yourself. You will need a source for the data.Ted Wright

Guest Lobaeux4

Great, thanks Ted, I may have to look into adding some SIDS/STARs for my database. Do they have to be manually typed in, or is there another way of doing it?Lobaeux

For those you do not have, if have the appropriate TERPS, you can enter the waypoints into a flight plan and save it. You can then open a flight plan consisting of a SID or STAR and perhaps work either side of it as needed to obtain a specific plan.It depends on how many major airports that you use whether this idea might help. For the US there are 27 TERP books. Current ones are about $4.50 each and may cover a few states each based in content more on the number of IAPs, SIDS, and STARS for each book so the geographic boundaries will vary. Over time you could pick up all 27 if you require based on your flight coverage on enter what you need into the flight plan for SIDS and STARS you do not have and reap the benefits of also getting the IAPs.

Hi Ted,Was wondering if you are making anyother changes to Nav3.1? One area I would like is the ability to see aircraft on the ground with a switch to turn off/on.As for the SIDS/STARs, are you indicating the latest published official version is January 21, 2002 and not the version on your website, which is the last you composed as of 9/2/00?

September 2, 2000 is the release date of the DP/STAR data.January 21, 2002 is the release date of NAV3.1 beta.

Guest Lobaeux4

YAY!!This hobby is getting better all the time!Lobaeux

Hi Ted,Good to see you on the forum here too..Just one question:I'm using your NAV3.0/3.1 for a long time now (with great pleasure).But it's still Beta ....Isn't it about time you release it :-) :-)Cheers, Rob Barendregt

>I may have to look into adding some SIDS/STARs for my database. >Do they have to be manually typed in, or is there another way of doing it? Typing is probably what you would have to do, unless you find a nice text database of them. Then you would probably want to write a litle program to convert the database into the XML text format Nav uses. I choose that format with the idea of someday getting updates from some free Internet navaid database, but I don't know of a good one yet.Ted

>But it's still Beta .... Isn't it about time you release it Yes, it's long overdue. The feature that I want to finish before calling version 3.1 finished is reading a text version of the navaid database back in after exporting it (so that people can edit it without having to mess around with BGL files).Ted

I find it intuitive to use. I do experience an occasional hang under WIN 98, but that's another issue for another time.Is there any chance that you could get together with Richard over at www.navdata.com so airac cycle files could be imported into NAV to provide updates? Since RC3 uses them, it would be nice to have the databases coordinated.