Sign in to follow this  
Guest darrenthe747

Visibility

Guest darrenthe747

hey folks,i am relatively new to ASV, and this to me has become a "must have" product. lately for some reason the visibility on my ASV is unlimited, so at altitudes like FL300 and above i can see all the awful unrendered textures off in the distance. how to i reduce the vis settings so this isn't happening? thanks,Darren

Hi Darren,Welcome to ActiveSky!In your ASV options there is a "Limit visibility" checkbox which should be checked and a "Maximum" and "Minimum" visibility limit to be set as desired. By default this is max 59nm.If you don't have "Limit visibility" checked then the FS sight distance setting (FS9 display options) will be used as max.You can thus reduce the max visibility either way.Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest darrenthe747

hey,thanks for the quick response! unforyunatly FS is not retaining the value, so when i get into fs the vis is set to what i desired it to be, then after a few seconds it reverts back to unlim vis. any ideas? thanks,Darren

Hmmm..FSUIPC setting? Try the "All wx settings off" button in FSUIPC options, this might do the trick.Something is overriding ASV it seems..Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies