Sign in to follow this  
Guest rds_mcleod

Support Topic: Uninstall of ASV/E during AV6 setup

Guest rds_mcleod

Need some quick help on this one (if you're there). The readme says "if you wish to uninstall ASV/E, please...."I don't have that in Add/Remove, I have:ASV - ActiveSky Verion 5ASV Enhanced upgrade (and)ASV/AE 128X128 Cloud Texture Resolution SEtDo they all go before I run the AV6 install?Thanks!

Hi Ron!Yeah after you have unwrapped the ASv6 install go ahead and remove them, starting with the additions/enhancements first (i.e. ASV/AE 128, then ASV Enhanced Upgrade) and then ASV - ActiveSky Version 5 item at the end. Make sure you backup the ASv6 full install, you'll need this later if you want to install ASv6 without the need to put ASV back on too.You can then delete any remnant ModulesASV folder items after uninstall and should reclaim anywhere from 150MB to 1GB in space!Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest lalo lolo1

I forgot to unistall before installing ASV6. Can I uninstall ASV without needing to install ASV6 again?thanksLeo

I haven't installed AS 6 yet and before I do, I'd like to better understand a couple of things. First, does AS 6 become a complete new installation (as ASV did, and thus not affect AS 4), or does it install OVER ASV? Second, why would you want to uninstall all of ASV/E?... Thanks in advance,Lee

Hi Lee,Yes, brand new installation.Uninstall ASV/E to reclaim anywhere from 150mb to 1GB of storage space for old textures you won't be needing any more!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest ksabers

But if I have the free upgrade for previous ASV users, it requires that ASV is installed to allow the installation of AS6. So how can I uninstall 5 BEFORE installing 6?Should I 1) Install AS6, 2) Uninstall ASV, 3) Repair AS6 ?Thanks!Giorgio

Giorgio,do as Damian wrote in the first post here.1. Run the unwrapper you downloaded WITH ASV installed. I verified OK, the unwrapper installs a normal setup file. This is the ASv6 full installer.2. Now you can go ahead and uninstall ASV as described earlier3. Then run the setup file (the ASv6 full install) that the unwrapper made for you4. Set up ASv6 according the manual, and then, ENJOY. Fantastic software!

Guest ksabers

Thank you Per, I did miss the exact sequence in the other post. Fantastic software indeed!Giorgio