Sign in to follow this  
Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Starting ASV on a client machine. I'm in trouble!

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Hi there, i must say that this never happened with earlier versions.Each time i start ASV it asks me to point to FS9 folder on main machine and later to C:Documents and SettingsUsername folder.Once started i save options and close the prog.But next time i start ASV again it asks me to point to same folders...Hmmmmmmmmmm... it looks like a well experienced bug :-(What to do?thanks in advanceLuigi ;-)

Hi Luigi,This is because ASv6 now needs control of the wx station files located within the Application Data folder (on the FS machine).You mentioned pointing to Docs and Settingsusername but this is not correct. You should be making a share to Docs and SettingsusernameApplication Data for read/write access, then use this UNC share when ASv6 asks for it.Make sure you do save your ASv6 settings before restarting, so that everything is kept!Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Hi Damian,>This is because ASv6 now needs control of the wx station files>located within the Application Data folder (on the FS>machine).of course it was my fault, now all is OK again!effectively thing are a bit different in this version...Merry XMasLuigi ;-)