Sign in to follow this  
Guest Paul Heaney

Using AS6 on 2 Computers?

Guest Paul Heaney

For the Wizard's out there........Lets say I want to install AS6 on my MAIN (FS) Machine, and a Secondary (WideFS) Machine. Can I Install on both? And If so, can I shut one down, and load up the other, without making any Option changes? So Far I've noticed that my FS9 Directory location works for 1 not the other.Lets say my FS9 Directory is set on AS6 on my FS Machine to be D:FS9 When I shut down the FS Copy and load up the WideFS Copy it reads the same directory, however there is NO C:FS9 Directory on my second machine, I have to change it to reflect the Networked drive. However, if I do that, and load up the FS Copy, it's shown as a Network path.Make sense?I'm hoping someone can answer this, Sometimes I don't want to be bothered to go through all the secondary computer stuff.Thanks.

Guest Paul Heaney

Thanks for the reply John, but that's what I'm unsure about. :(Have a great Christmas

Hi Paul,There is a whole procedure given for installing on a WideFS machine. It is in the documentation and requires drive mapping and folder sharing. If that is all Greek to you, you may be better off with a single install on the FS computer. But everything is worth a try!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Sales and Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_dev_team.jpg http://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_proud_supporter.jpg

Guest Paul Heaney

It's not Greek to me John, not at all. I'll do some playing on boxing day, and see how I make out. In the mean time, I have a fully working copy working on my FS Machine, so I can wait, and take it slow.Plus, If I do any FSimming on XMas day, I'll probably have to have surgery to remove some computer peripherals from my bodily openings :)