Sign in to follow this  

Changing the colour of the sky

Guest EGLD

I dont know whether the screenshots have been edited at all, but it seems to me that some screenshots I've seen here have an enhanced sky colourTo me, one of the biggest let downs with FS2002 is the horrid and unrealistic shade of blue of the skyIs there any software available to change it?thanks

I've read folks' views about the sky color in the sim on many occasions. Seems that most don't like the default sky color. Well, all you need do is look outside and you'll see that the sky color in the sim is the same as it is outside in the real world. Only difference is the real sky changes from lighter to darker depending on the atmospheric conditions and time of day. Every once in a while, especially in the Fall, I'll see that nice darker blue color here in Northern Michigan; but most all of the time, it's exactly the same color as what the sim portrays. "As real as it gets".

Guest AndrewJM

My main gripe is with the night sky which I felt was too bright. However my new monitor has a feature called "black effect" - when this is turned down slightly the sky colour darkens such that the horizon becomes invisible. Using reduced visibility creates an awesome effect!

This is probably entirely subjective, but I think the sky looks different depending on which part of the world you are in. Sorry to be so vague, but I can't actually describe it adequately. The sky looks different in say, Florida, to the sky in western Europe. Certainly in America the sky looks 'bigger.' I have a feeling that the sky in FS just looks slightly more american than european. Hopefully someone will know what I mean here...

"I have a feeling that the sky in FS just looks slightly more american than european."You must mean more polluted :-lol.

Guest Pabra

>I've read folks' views about the sky color in the sim on >many occasions. Seems that most don't like the default sky >color. Well, all you need do is look outside and you'll see >that the sky color in the sim is the same as it is outside >in the real world. Only difference is the real sky changes >from lighter to darker depending on the atmospheric >conditions and time of day. Every once in a while, >especially in the Fall, I'll see that nice darker blue color >here in Northern Michigan; but most all of the time, it's >exactly the same color as what the sim portrays. "As real >as it gets". I would think it gets that deep dark blue at fl 390 and that doesn't happen. Seeing the earth's curvature at concorde's cruise altitude also is't modelled.

You can just zoom out in cockpit view and get a better blue effect.Chas