Sign in to follow this  

MY HOLIDAY WISH FOR ALL..including payware developers

Guest Edam

VG, while I agree with the "spirit" of your response, I didn't think it necessary to compare developers with the former USSR, or needing to have to name one in particular. The first statement was a bit over the line, the second was unnecessary due to the amount of posts that have been made on the subject, and which everyone is aware of, right or wrong. It came off as just another shot at them.In addition:"Hardly anyone LIKES to complain. What people like is to get exactely the product (without major bugs) they thought they were buying!"Name one product that has come out without bugs. Given the incredible amount of different systems out there, how is this even possible? What really matters is how those bugs are addressed by the developer, and there are some that go out of their way to address them when found, and a few others that may be perceived as not doing so as much as they should. Not a lecture, just my opinion.

Guest crashing_pilot

hi,WELL SAID MIKE!!happy holidays to all!!!(yes,INCLUDING the payware developers,although i for one can't spend any money on them....geez,i'm glad i've got a puter!! :-) )

>VG, while I agree with the "spirit" of your response, I >didn't think it necessary to compare developers with the >former USSR, or needing to have to name one in particular. I did not mean to compare the DEVELOPERS with the former USSR but the kind of censorship they use with the censorship used in the former USSR. That

>Unfortunately, when one gets here we are often times met with >the "don't anger the developer" syndrome and we are then told "how >grateful we should be that they have blessed us with their >talent", or "don't compain or they won't make any more >products!" Am I the ONLY ONE who sees the rank absurdity in >this attitude?! Certain forums in the FS community actively engage in this practice, to protect their 'friends' ;) ;) :-lol>Can you imagine this attitude in the real world? For God's >sake, don't anger Macy's or they won't sell us any more >clothes! Just buy what they give you and be thankful they >let you shop there! :-roll :-lol This is a 'disease' in the FS community: Don't make the developers cry, or they won't screw you out of money for a buggy half baked piece of crap! :-lol>However, I WILL say this: The attitudes of the payware >groups, in general, is an abomination to the ideals of >customer service. I've seen members of payware groups blast >their customers, make snyde remarks, ignore, chastise, >belittle and otherwise FORGET WHO PAYS THEIR SALARY! This You can tell the PROFESSIONALS from the CHILDREN in the FS world! The ones who jump down their customer's throats are unprofessional, and don't deserve the money they get from the suckers who cop the flak!>Many here believe that if you feel chided by a developer that you >should keep your mouth shut and keep it private...oh really? > If you just bought a new coat that fell apart after only 6 >months and your friend told you he was on his way to pick up >the same coat (not knowing what happened to yours), would >you sit there and smile or would you warn him / her of your >experience so that he or she can make an informed decision? Very true! :) You are screwed if you have any big problems with FS payware .... the whole system protects the developer!>Lately, I have seen a lot of half baked products come down >the pikeTell me about it! :-roll.>Unfortunaley, I've sat here quietly and watched payware >vendors filter out bad comments about their products, >monitor each post and delete those that don't fit their >criteria. One cannot earn true respect by filtering-in >praise while filtering-out criticism. A TRUE market leader >has a totally open forum to accept all comments whether it >is sparkling praise or cripling criticism. Well put! :) This filtering of negative comments is the downside to capitalism! Maximising sales whilst screwing the unsuspecting future buyers! :). >A TRUE market leader knows that at the end of the day the critiques >WILL COME by the boatload, BUT the praise far outweighs the >neysayers if the product is TRULY GOOD and that can be >displayed in an open forum for all to see. Anything short >of this is blatent, unwashed, propaganda. I am of the >opinion that many developers want the glory and money but >don't want the headaches of having to deal with unhappy >customers. Unfortunately, it comes with the territory and >many need to realize that or, indeed, take your ball and go >home. Trust me, there are many others just salivating to >sell us new balls! (G)Well put, Mike T :) Watch out for the neighsayers!http://www.linvilla.com/images/horse.jpg :-lol