Sign in to follow this  
Guest PaulL01

Where in the Sam Hill is Directx9? What's the holdup?

Guest lawyerpilot

P4 1.8768 ram 80 gig hardriveVisiontek Ti4 4600CH yoke/pedals19" inch monitor-Soundblaster PCI 512Win XPInstrument rated ASEL-197 hoursAOPALawyerPilots Bar Association"Men without dreams are never free, twas thus this way and thus will ever be."

Why do you ask, he said inquiringly as he played his DX7-compatible game on his DX8-compatible video card? :-)Trip59x399 at 9999 bytes

Guest lawyerpilot

You have a good point, mon frere....

Agreed Trip:I could care less even with my Radeon 9700 since FS2002 is not a DX9 game and won't take advantage of a DX 9 video card!Much like building a brand new, pretty 4 lane highway to replace the current old 4 lane highway, it may "feel" nicer driving on the new road, but the traffic jams will be exactly the same.... :-roll*sigh*Mike T.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that FS2002 is actually optimised for Directx7, so the 8.1 installation on the CD's is a bit of a red herring. Is DirectX9 supposed to offer any improvements for earlier games? I get very confused by all this updating.Chas

My problem is that ever since I installed DirectX 8.2, thanks to CFS3, I get video problems whenever I use antialiasing. I installed the 40.72 signed drivers, but no help. It is my hope that the new DirectX 9.0 will correct some of the problems caused by 8.2. Other than that, I don't look for any improvement in FS2002.Dale

You pretty much answered your own question , you just lucky I know him, i talked to him last night and he told me to give you his phone number you can reach Mr. Sam Hill at 1-555-125-7854hope this helpsLOL!!ciao!Brian S

Ciao!

Guest PaulL01

>You pretty much answered your own question , you just lucky >I know him, i talked to him last night and he told me to >give you his phone number you can reach Mr. Sam Hill at >1-555-125-7854 >>hope this helps >>>>LOL!! >>ciao! >Brian S You seem to be confused, he is looking for Special Ops agent DirectX9 also known as Dr.X9 who was last seen at what is known as the SAM hill where Surface to Air Missiles are being staged for the return of the Red Barron (Baron VonMunschauwzen).The mysterious Dr.X9 will be available within the next 24hr period, but just when the next 24hr period is, is not known at this time with the exception of those that are in the "know".The K.N.O.W. or Knowledge Not of this World is reported to contain secret codes the enable the "builders" creations to achieve higher levels of Phorphifnugin as rendered in an Opti screen interface module to stimulate the visual percepter units of the "users"...Xno Xoff Xon WaxOff Valdez...Garbonzo Beans!!!Frigin DX9! who needs it!!! I want the GFFX!!! :)

Paul:Just to clarify your post, Phorphifnugin will NOT be included in DX9 at all. During MS testing the visual percepter units caused a SEVERE conflagulation in sensing three dimensional whirlygigs especially in multi-player mode!As a result, MS has resorted to linking BOTH flinghoffers (version 3.1) together to support DX8 cards and this fixed the problem.Get your facts straight homeboy! JEEEEEZE!Mike T.

Mike:Just to clarify your post, JEEEEEZE! will NOT be included in DX9 at all. During MS testing the holyschmolie units caused a SEVERE conflagulation in sensing ninth dimemsional fidget wigets especially in single-player mode!As a result, MS has resorted to linking BOTH JEEEEEZE! units (version ME) together to create a real BEJEEEEEZUS!, which supports DX8 cards, and this fixed the problem.Get your facts straight lonejoy! WEEEEEZE! (COUGH!, and excuse me)Elrond E.

ROFL :-lolBTW. Are the flinghoffers really back on stage again? :-eek I thought M$ discontinued those after 3.0?Curiously confused

Guest PaulL01

>ROFL :-lol >>BTW. Are the flinghoffers really back on stage again? :-eek >I thought M$ discontinued those after 3.0? >>Curiously confused That All depends on whether or not Jimmy Page, Robert Plant and John Paul Jones do the reunion tour after the DVD release, so untill then its back to Dos6.1!!!Jimmy's gonna play the double neck with his tripple pick hooked up to a quad marshal amp!!! :-eek

Guest PaulL01

Mike,I think you have got some fax all wrong, First:Second:!and Third:!!And that is just for starters! I should also add:But I wont!Lets get this straight:>Just to clarify your post, No one can clarify my post except me, or of course an add minister raiter here at Avsim as that as how the software works with the hardware as set up with the dinnerware.>Phorphifnugin will NOT be >included in DX9 at all. I think you miscomputed yourself here as what I said was "Phorphifnugin will be included in DX9 ". I never said "at all" oops sorry had the quotes reversed; "at all" there, that's better.During MS testing the visual >percepter units caused a SEVERE conflagulation in sensing >three dimensional whirlygigs especially in multi-player >mode! Here you are also not so vary correct as the whirlygigs crashed in the high desert more than 40 years ago, but of course all the top secret info disappeared at about the same time some four decades latter when Dr.X9 came on the scene after an un-K.N.O.W.n 24hr. period..period>.<>>As a result, MS has resorted to linking BOTH flinghoffers >(version 3.1) together to support DX8 cards and this fixed >the problem. I can argue without that!>Get your facts straight homeboy! JEEEEEZE! I don't have any fax! I gave that up along time ago!Home Phone!!! err, Phone Home Elliott!!!!All right Hasbro!!!Buy Mattel! Go kener! O! wheres the play dough?Playdough, wasn't he some greek officer from Philo?