Sign in to follow this  
Guest JeanLuc_

Is there a way to adjust the gauge update rate in VC's?

Does anyone know of a tweak to adjust the update rate in virtual cockpit gauges? I'm experiencing great outside view FPS but stuttering gauge movements from within the VC, especially at night for some reason. 2D views are glass smooth, just occuring in the VC.It seems like there is a tweak but I have no idea how to implement it.Thanks!

Guest DaveKDEN

I think it's an inherent limitation within FS2002. CFS-3's VC's (though far from perfect) have incerdibly smooth gauge movement. Of course, CFS-3 doesn't have any 2D panel views at all. Might be the trade-off for current generation sims is either smooth 2D panels or VC's, but not both (though I can't see a good reason why). My guess is FS2004 (next version) will have much improved VC's with (hopefully) interactive gauges. My desire would be the elimination of the 2D panel altogether - so long as the VC's clarity and functionality improve to the point where 2D panels aren't needed.Dave

My VC's generally run on par with the 2D gauges, which convinces me it's also CPU related. But neither the 2D's or VC's run smoothly like CFS3 or X-Plane.P.S. to Dave (DaveKDEN),My 17 year old daughter left from KSLC to Berlin, Germany this morning on United. They said it would be either an Airbus or 737 on the first leg to Chicago, so I kept out an "eye" for you. It ended up a 737 and you're obviously on the "net" at the moment:). Will keep on the lookout, the next time around! :)L.Adamson

My VC gauges really start stuttering at night when the cockpit lighting in on. Weird. I have a low end system though, this doesn't help for sure.

Guest DaveKDEN

I go out again this friday. Had a pretty good chunk of days off mid-month, but I paid early on and will at the end of the month.She going to Berlin over Christmas? Long ways away from home.Dave

>2D views are glass >smooth, Even 2D views are not smooth as far as gauges are concerned .. not until you see something real smooth. But Reality-XP technology promises to change that. ;-)Michael J.

Guest JeanLuc_

Hi Michael,you have run the 737 ADI demo don't you? :-)