Sign in to follow this  

Aliasing Frolov's sounds with PSS Dash 8

Has anyone figured it out? I tried to alias the folder and no sound.

Has anybody done a definitive comparison between these two planes?Both are reputed to be excellent, but would love to see a comparison other than "one is free...and the other is not."Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Only the sounds wont work witht he PSS Dash8. There are many modifications that need to be made.As far as I know, the Frolov sounds need either the aircraft.cfg or some input from the panel.Both planes are oustanding. But the PSS model just looks 100times better, therefore the Frolov panel is more complex. It models the systems more well and even gives ya electrical and fan etc. sound.Jan

The Frolov sounds are tied to the panel AFAIK. I think they are not coded as engine sounds, but rather as panel sounds in order to make them dependent on proper systems use. Misha

Hmmm...ok. I like the PSS sounds. I was just hoping to get it aliased to switch between sound configs and use Frolov's sounds with the 300 and PSS sounds with the 300Q.

Absolutely correct. If you were up to the task, you could merge Frolov's panel and the PSS model, but then, what did you pay 15 pounds for? :-)

The PSS -8 panel includes a (mostly) working FMS. That makes it a VERY complex panel in my book. I don't believe any freeware author has attempted to create a working FMS yet.

Oleksiy Frolov is working on an FMS, which he says will be ready early this spring. I think Frolov's dash does model more of the basic systems, eg nose wheel steering, standby hydraulics, syncrophase etc. But the PSS has the FMS now, and is an incredible visual representation of the Dash. Personally, I am going to continue to use both. Because they are both very realistic, the skills required to opperate them transfer well. After all, you can't have too many Dash-8s! ;)

Actually...and I dont mean to offend anybody...I think the Dash 8is a pretty ugly airplane. I just dont like how it looks. My personal opinion only. But I dig commuter planes and like the kinds of flights they fly. Complex, but relatively short haul. I only have so much time to fly every day or night...so these kinds of planes fit my style. I'd love to fly B747's more, but have no time for the hours and hours those take.So...am taking a pretty clinical eye at whether this is something I need to go do and learn to love based on the kind of flying I do.Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

"Actually...and I dont mean to offend anybody...I think the Dash 8is a pretty ugly airplane."Hahaha - I have to agree with that. I wish they had made an ATR 42-500 instead.