Sign in to follow this  

Help - Engines Keep Shutting Down

A problem has just appeared this week where all the engines keep shutting down. This happens regardless of aircraft type. I start the engines and shortly after starting to taxi they all shut down. After restarting I can complete the taxi and take off then during the climb they all shut down again. Passengers are not impressed. I have tried several aircraft using various panels, including the default 737, all with the same result.I have checked the system failure options but no failures are set. The only files I have installed recently are the Fokker 70/100 together with the panel and the Richard Probst 727 panel, could these have anything to do with it?Anyone have any ideas????Phil

This may seem odd; excuse me for asking. But have you checked to see if the generator(s) are turned on? Just a thought. I don't fly heavies to speak of, but that happens to me every once in a while with GA aircraft.Rick

Did the problem start occurring right when you installed these add-ons?

My first thought was 'what have I forgotten to switch on' but I have checked that all systems, generators, fuel etc were working OK. The problem first occurrred on Monday this week and as far as I can remember these are the only two addons I have installed recently. I am going to remove them to see if it cures the problem.Cheers

It may have something to do with your saved default startup flight. Go to any airport and load the C172. Switch everything on including the engine and hit ';' to save. Give it a name and check the default flight box. Next time you create a flight you will start with everything switched on regardless of which aircraft you select on the 'create a flight' screen.

The only time I have had aircraft engines shut down is when the idle was too low.... Have you tried uninstalling the addons then see if the problem remains?

Found the problem it was FSUIPC. I deleted the fsuipc.ini file and everything was OK. Maybe this was setting the idle speed too low?My apologies to the Project Fokker team and Richard Probst.