Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

AVSIM Censorship Policy

You can monitor my posts all that you want AVSIM, I really do not care, If you want to go down the route of censorship when people say things that you may not like hearing then why do you run a public forum? Seems to me that many people backed my statement are you going to monitor them too?You put me down as a trouble maker, not true. I am simply a forum member that has something to say. If you dont like what I say then you always have the option of disregarding it and moving on. You see the world that I live in is the free world. A world that our forefathers fought and died to protect, so that we may have freedom of speech. We can say what we want without fear of reprisal, It's called a democractic free society where people of all view points can have their say. As such a public forum is one platform for me to say my piece. My comments RE: PSS was not "bashing" them rather it was a criticism of their pricing policy. A policy which means that in my case at least they will not make a sale when they could if their pricing policy were different. As a potential customer I would have thought that feedback of any sort would be welcomed. Seems to me though that this is far from the case and rather than accept criticism with grace they chose to arrogantly go on the defensive. Do we see other developers display such arrogance in any forum? I think not. What message do they give out to their potential market? That's up to the public to decide and I am sure that many minds are made up!As far as their argument of sale price reflecting the many hours of work yadda yadda yadda, let me say this, If we were talking about a boxed product with detailed printed manual then things may be different, but we are not, are these savings passed over to the customer just in the same way that their overheads are? The answer is plain and simple NO THEY ARE NOT.So if I am out of turn for making these comments, I make no apology, It is my right to do so. Did I make any derogatory comments on their actual product? No I didn't. I have merely made a statement voicing my displeasure at the price, something that will prevent me from purchasing what looks to be an otherwise nice aircraft. If I was making Ill informed comments on a product that I do not have then I could understand people's annoyance, this is not the case though and is a view that has been backed by other forum users.So you can take any action against me that you want AVSIM, but be sure that by enforcing further censorship on me, my posts or others you will only serve to show yourself as representative of the things that we as a free society chose to stand against. I leave you with this quote:-"How many people are proud to be citizens of this beautiful country of ours? The stripes and the stars for the rights that men have died for to protect / The women and men who have broke their necks for the freedom of speech the United States government has sworn to uphold... or so we're told..."Seasons Greetings to all (including PSS and those that disagree with me!)

Sorry.My post wasn't intended for this thread.Oooooooooooooops!

Guest Edam

"So you can take any action against me that you want AVSIM, but be sure that by enforcing further censorship on me, my posts or others you will only serve to show yourself as representative of the things that we as a free society chose to stand against. I leave you with this quote:-"How many people are proud to be citizens of this beautiful country of ours? The stripes and the stars for the rights that men have died for to protect / The women and men who have broke their necks for the freedom of speech the United States government has sworn to uphold... or so we're told..."Don't you think that you are going a bit overboard? Sheesh! Forefathers? Proud citizens? Stars and Stripes? Died to protect? This is an Internet Flight Sim Forum. Hello? "Lucius...take this man to the dungeon."(Herod Antipas to Lucius, referring to John the Baptist, in the movie "King of Kings."}

You said: If you dont like what I say then you always have the option of disregarding it and moving on. You see the world that I live in is the free world. A world that our forefathers fought and died to protect, so that we may have freedom of speech. We can say what we want without fear of reprisal, It's called a democractic free society where people of all view points can have their say. As such a public forum is one platform for me to say my piece.You are WRONG here. These are PRIVATLY owned forums. THEY have the final say, NOT you. Before you regurgitate the "Freedom Of Speech" argument, remember the word PRIVATE. Also "Democracy" doesn't apply in private forums either. Waving the flag and arguing this are 2 different things. They don't and won't go together. Public and private forums have 2 sets of rules. Read the rules before you accuse others of avoiding one of your "freedoms". Don

Ahhh.... The cries of "censorship"...."....then why do you run a public forum?...."This is a private forum.... Truth is, the forum moderators show a great deal of restraint when posts go awry on these forums. But they own the forum, and they can do with it as they please. I can (and do) host files here, taking up server space for which I would be charged on my own ISP. So do many others. Same goes for these posts--how much did you pay to come in here and express your opinion? Show me a signed contract, membership dues, anything! And don't mock those who sacrificed their lives for our country (and world) to make your point. This is not a public square in 'Jersey. This is a private forum--a private business. Not the "peoples republic of Avsim" where "free" speech is just a coined phrase. Get used to disappointment.

At the end of the day, it comes down to one thing: Avsim pay the bills around here! They pay out thousands and thousands of dollars so we can freely use the forums and site. The only thing they want in return is for us to abide by their rules and terms, its not too much to ask considering what the freely provide to us.At the end of the day you can't understand it, go and find somewhere else to lurk. You'll have a hard time finding sympathy here.

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

"My comments RE: PSS was not "bashing" them rather it was a criticism of their pricing policy."Their pricing policy is their pricing policy. You don't like? Tough. Don't buy the damn thing.As for your star spangled waving of your "freedoms".. yeah right. This is not a public forum.. It is a private forum. Enough said. And if you don't like the response, I can suggest about three dozen other forums you can haul your butt to where they would love to entertain your AVSIM bashing. Censorship.. Did you read the terms and conditions of use before your registered??? I guess not. Thread closed.