Sign in to follow this  

What magazine do you sugest???

Then for me Ernie, I guess this is where I bow out of buying any.I want to read good honest content, I cant see how this can be achieved if there is another agenda, especially in terms of review. I cant bring myself to believe an affiliated mag can review it's own products nor those of a competitor fairly and honestly. At least with a Car or Aircraft mag, there is normally a giant line up to compare without bias.Content wise I have not seen anything to raise the roof about for a long long time.George

I've read the Airways magazine for about a year now and I have to say this mag makes for fantastic reading, and any kind of aviation enthusiasts would really enjoy it. :-)Of course I also think that most simmers would enjoy reading FHM. :-hah :-hah :-hah

I am partial to Computer Pilot. My only gripe is that it is bi-monthly. As a result some of the information is a bit dated by the time it reaches print. True the CD often contains stuff you can find here on AVSIM and the net; however, it is a great onestop for certain add-ons and patches. The Jeppsen charts on the CD are also an added bonus. It also saves huge download times for folks without broadband access. The mag also has some really great procedural articles on things like navigation, ILS approaches, etc. Price is a bit high on both mags, both still worth it for many.As for PC Pilot: it is a decent read but way heavy on the adverts, IMHO. I'd say try both and see what you like. I think this month Computer Pilot has a free downloadable issue in pdf format. Also PC Pilot used to offer a free trial copy (not sure if they still do). You can visit their respective sites at:www.computerpilot.comwww.pcpilot.netGood Luck,--T

>Then for me Ernie, I guess this is where I bow out of buying any.>I want to read good honest content, I cant see how this can be >achieved if there is another agenda, especially in terms of review. >I cant bring myself to believe an affiliated mag can review it's >own products nor those of a competitor fairly and honestly. At >least with a Car or Aircraft mag, there is normally a giant line up >to compare without bias.>>Content wise I have not seen anything to raise the roof about for a >long long time.Your decision is probably right for you if you require true and honest critical reviews. You won't get that in these magazines, and that goes for reviews on competitors products as well. In that respect there is no bias or conflict of interest IMO. The reviews generally are heavy on content, but light on any real criticism.To me they are a good read, and that's all I need.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

Thanks Rob much appreciated.Flightexpress looks very good. I just need to brush up on my German. Thanks again,George

I subscribe to Computer Pilot, enjoy many of the articles, and it is now monthly. It also covers combat flight sim, which I am less interested in, and the reviews are sometimes dated, but informative. Steve J.

Is there a known problem with Computer Pilot's web site atwww.computerpilot.com? I have accessed it in the past but have been unable to do so for the last couple of weeks.Cheers, John.4m NW of EGHI (Southampton UK)FS2002 Standard on Intel PIII 733 MHz, 256MB with 32M GeForce2MX graphics and Windows ME.