Sign in to follow this  

Reviews or Adverts ?

The Dambusters review posted on the front page, is it a review or an advert ? If it was a review, it

Dambusters wouldn't be a genre I'm interested in (but I did enjoy the movie, watching it often while growing up just to marvel at the flying). It sounds like you gave it a whirl, then took it back? I'm not sure how any military simulation can be played out using FS2002 as a base--suspect the odds were stacked against this title for those who enjoy historical accuracy. I'm off to read the Avsim review now....

I tried it in both FS & CFS John. Overall a very poor effort in what would could have been a good package. I did take it back and gained a refund.Dont get me wrong if something is good (in my opinion) I'll praise it to high heaven, (that is aprt from one but lets not go there, it's nearly Christmas.) Expansions, add ons are all becoming very expensive and poor value. I guess I should restart building my own.George

The stuff on the front page is not "review", it's news, and is usually based on a press release by the indiviual or group submitting. You should read it with that in mind.

Saying as it's you and Christmas time.....:-lol !

you're an intelligent chap, surely you know that a review is one persons opinion. the reviewers opinion obviously differs from yours and things you consider as major flaws perhaps do not bother the reviewer. and he only gives it 3.5 stars out of 5 anyway.

Of course I know it's one mans opinion, as is mine. The thing is there is no mention of the points stated. So was it reviewed wearing those rose tinted glasses that make everything in the garden nice? Did he know anything about the subject matter ? Did he research the subject given for review ?Sorry Andy, in my opinion I dont think so. Dont forget this was reviewed by a Senior Staff member, surely they should know better ?George