Sign in to follow this  
spotlope

PSS Dash frame rates?

P4 1.3ghz512mb RamGF 3Runs pretty well with all this only hit I took was Sim Flyers PHL with a lot of AI. about 8fps but fairly smooth anyway. Smaller airports it is smooth as any plane I have.Andrew

P4 1.8GHz, 256MB RAM, gForce3 Ti200 64 MB DDR and 80GB HD, but some sliders set high, I get kinda good frames in 2d panel view, in outside and VC not too good, though. Didn't measure the frames due to HIDE_INFO_TEXT. DX8.1 installed, not too sure about the nVidia drivers.But however, after all another great package. :-)

HiI have a XP1800+ with 256mb DDR and it runs great on my machine. It takes a few seconds to paint the plane once you switch to the spot view but once it does that it is as smooth as it can get.Ofcourse if i happen to be at KLAX or some other fps muncher it does get slower but that is expected.I also have GF3 Ti200 and my sliders are somehwere in the middle.Hope this helpsBIK

I agree. I think you should have at least 512 meg, to help stop paging problems. The textures are high-res, and the model probably has a poly-count through the roof, and it runs fine on my system (256 RDRAM) when it isn't paging...Heh.

No problem with 2.0 Ghz amd ata 133 7200 rpm 1gb ddr ram v7700TI 64 mbWith all sliders almost max clouds at 80 % and ATC 80 % and no shadow for building and aircraft :-)average is 25 fps... with the dash around no change in a frame rate hit or any changes...No swaping, hate swaping :-)Andr

André

thanks folks! well i guess im going to bite the bullet and buy it. i probably well get horrible fps, but from what i hear it is worth it. thanks for the replies!

Guest Grunt

Athlon 1.2 w/ 512 RAM WinXP...runs well on my machine with everyting maxed (a little sluggish around heavy traffic though). 18-23 FPS mostly but about 12 near the airports (still need to experiment w/ sliders for texture and whatnot). A really nice bird, especially the FMS, I think you'll like it.

Guest jason2112

I'm flying the PSS Dash8 on a Duron 1 GHz, 512 MB RAM, GeForce3 Ti200, WinXP Pro. Framerate lock is at 20, and in good conditions I have 14 to 20 FPS, which is about the same I get with any other payware plane - except the Cessna 421C, which sometimes is a little slower. I have AutoGen maxed, and most of the other settings to 2/3. I normally fly with FSGarmin530 and ActiveSky wxRE running, and most of the time framerates are still okay. I had some borderline situations in really bad weather at KORD with lots of AI traffic, which resulted in frame rates of 6 to 8 per second, but that happend with other planes as well.I'd say, although it's not really cheap, get the PSS Dash8. I got it two days ago and have had lots of fun since. Before I only flew GA, and for me it's a wonderful new challenge.Bye,VOlker :]

Guest Boone

Go purchase this thing! My first pay ware plane and I love it, even though I run a P4, 256RAM, 1.8G. Once everything loads up - panels / VC / Spot view etc. I have absolutely no complaints. I found Meljet's 747 to be more of a frame hitter to be honest.I do love this plane though - THE best yet for FS2K2. (Well PA, Dash 7 and POSKY come close but they don't have the added bonus of absolutely amazing panels!)Boone

I have a PIII 866 w/512MB RAM and a gforce2mx400/64mb video card. the frames are locked at 25.runs fine for me .. i use the "stock" airports except for the few that came with eurowings pro. stuttery with those airports.flys fine for me, spot view takes a bit to paint .. as noted aboveall in all ok for me with RC3, FS_Meteo and FDC all running at the same timeGood Luck ... it really is a fine piece of software.

Tip swith building (ground) and aircraft shadow off in general when flying you won't see it most of the time and with a lot of AI it frees up really a lot of processor time :-)Andr

André

I have to say that this plane IS Hitting my frame rates more than most my other planes. Not sure why, but it dropped them almost 10 frames a second.FWIW i'm running a P4 2.4G with 512megs PC2700 DDR ram and an ATA7200 80G HD.Lance

Hi Andre!Did I remember correctly that you also bought the Lago Twotter? If so, can you compare its frame rates to those of the Dash-8? I'm still sitting ever so slightly on the fence on this one.thanks,

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit