Sign in to follow this  
Guest pumrigar

Please Help with Reinstall

Guest pumrigar

Hi,I had ASV6 working perfectly on a widefs PC. Then for other reasons, I had to reinstall FS2004. It was installed to the same location as before (after I uninstalled the old install completely). I also uninstalled ASV6 on the widefs PC.All mapped network paths were untouched. I reinstalled ASV6 successfully and ran the activeradar connector from the fs2004 PC successfully. However when I start ASV6, it asks me to browse to the path for some files (which I do, successfully) but it then quits with the error "Initializing Error Reading Files"I have even reinstalled the .net framework and verified all paths and permissions.Any help appreciated.Thanks,Pesi

Hi,Make sure you are sharing the following physical locations:FS Machine:- C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9- C:Documents and SettingsmyusernameApplication Data(Adjust for any custom location you have set)These must be shared for read/write access (allow network users to change my files), and it is suggested that you use the default share names (Flight Simulator 9 and Application Data).Then on the WideFS machine, in C:ASBaseModulesASv6 (or your custom install location) edit the asv6.ini file, looking at the FS9Path and PersonalAppDataFolder items. Make sure these are set appropriately. You could also just run ASv6 (instead of manually editing) and choose the appropriate share locations when asked, but doing it manually will help confirm the appropriate locations and make sure things are linked correctly.Does this help? Please also search for WideFS on this forum, there are quite a few topics very similar to this which may offer some suggestions.Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest pumrigar

Thanks but that did not help. I edited the ini file manually but still the same error. I think ASV6 finds the folders just fine (once I edited the ini file it no longer asks for those file locations) but then cannot initialize some files and I dont know which ones.

Guest pumrigar

Please ignore my last post. I found the problem was an incorrect security setting (my PCs are in a Domain). It is working now. Thanks for your excellent support.Pesi