Sign in to follow this  

Shortest / narrowest runways of all types in the sim.

Yep, I'm looking for the shortest runways and narrowest runways of all types in this sim. (By Types, I mean [AFCAD uses types for example] Dirt, Concrete, Asphalt, Grass, Gravel, Oil Treated, Mats, Snow, and Coral.) I'll start us off.Asphalt:NARROWEST RUNWAY: Enix Boys, in Henessey, Oklahoma (2O2); 8 feet wideSHORTEST RUNWAY: SABA in the Carribean; 1100' long; STOL only

Guest bfindlay

Am not in the sim right now, but check out 2AK7 - Balk Mountain in Alaska. QUite a challenge in a Cessna Citation!!

Guest bfindlay

EIGHT FEET!!! I didn't believe it, so I jumped in and tried it!! Have they included a model airplane runway by mistake perhaps!! What kind of airplane is supposed to use this field!!Be interesting in a crosswind!

Hi AllI am not in the sim right now, but take a look at "Portland Navy" in "UK". Its asphalt or concrete - and its very short.RegardsHenrik Korning

Hi RatzGreat picture. It looks very much like that in FS too. But it IS possible to land fix-winged planes on it (IN FS at least :-lol )

Yes!Just tried it in the C172. Steep glide and level off over the grass at a few feet AGL with full flap and kinda floated to the threshold then stalled it onto the tarmac and braked hard. Just about stopped at the end of the tarmac. Quite good fun actually but the landing was a bit on the hard side - well the wing started to drop so I guess in real life you might have bent your undercarriage a little...:)

Short, high terrain, high altitude, hot weather - not for the faint-hearted!

I recomend Parr Airport (I26) in Ohio. It's just west of Zanesville. I don't know how FS models the field, but in real life, the runway is a paved 26' wide runway. It's 3000 feet long, so there's pleanty of room to stop, but watch out for the trees at the approach end to runway 26. Even if you come in at the proper angle, you'll fly about 10-20 feet over the tree tops.

The Paradise Island strip in the Bahamas is also very short - and, you have to come in over one of the resort hotels to hit the numbers. I'ts a ton of fun in the Dash - 7.

Saba is one of my all time favorites, But Culebra (CPX) just east of Puerto Rico in the "Spanish Virgins" has a very narrow 2600ft strip that is a real bear to get to. You have to approach the runway at about a 20 degree offset then once you clear a hill on short final at 50ft crank her hard right and try and keep from sliding past the centerline and then if you manage to land you are about 1/4 of the way down this already short field. Always a challenge especially at night with winds.(I do have someone's freeware mesh scenery to correct the MS Flat default land but I don't remember who's)http://www.ktone.org/images/FSD_ken.jpg