Sign in to follow this  
cat

Wing views: commentary

I know you dont want this kind of thread circulating, but please, just give it a day or so, just to let a few opinions out. This is a subject I feel strongly about, so please, give it a chance :)

>I know you dont want this kind of thread circulating, but >please, just give it a day or so, just to let a few opinions >out. This is a subject I feel strongly about, so please, >give it a chance :) Max, if you know people don't care to read this type of stuff circulating, why would you post it? I removed your first post because it was simply a long diatribe where you called people idiots and basically just made lots of derogatory remarks. We are tired of these type of posts trying to stir up things. So I have removed your post a second time. Hopefully it is clear it should stay gone. Also, please refrain from bumping your own post when it is only 5 minutes old. I tend to consider this bad form as it gives the impression that somehow you feel your post is more important than the others that post here. Thanks

Guest BC_KBOS

So, you like wing views?Why?When you sit in the cockpit of a DC3, do you actually LOOK out the window on approach to verify "Gear Down"?When flying in IMC, do you like to LOOK out the window to see if you are picking up ice?On the WING?When you are on downwind in the Cherokee, do you like to LOOK out the window to see when the wing passes the approach end of the runway?OK, you can't as yet see ice on the wing, but that will be soon, I presume, but if you are interested in any of these concepts, (and there are a ton more situations where one would like to see wings still firmly attached) then you are a "wing view" person.I am for wing views.BC

I like wing views. Period. I'll llok at them when I wish, and thats the end of it. My FS experience is better with wing views.

Guest BC_KBOS

Well Max, that makes you a wing view person.Welcome to the club.Now there are two.BC

Guest BC_KBOS

This is a restart.Nobody is to be insulted here. You either like wing views or not.It is not a question as to who is better or not, it's a simple question. Do you like wing views or not?Disregard any previous snippy comments and let us stick to the question.Do people like wing views or not?Would the availability of wing views make a model more desireable or less so.Developers spend a LOT of time making their models, they need to know if they are wasting time making wing views.I do not believe wing views are a waste of time.So, lets hear some comments, for and against. Give the builders something to work with.BC

Guest Van

I will admit I like wing views quite a bit. It's nice to fantasize about being a pilot on the flightdeck, but it's also nice to have the option of looking over the wing while cruising on autopliot or especially using the wing view for landing replays. I have been on many commercial jets and it is this view that I remember most as I'm not a real pilot nor have I had the opportunity to sit in the jump seat of the flightdeck during a flight or landing, so really it's this view that brings back the memories for all the flights I've taken to those warm sunny destinations during the cold Canadian winters.It's just a matter of preference to the individual, with neither person being right or wrong, but rather having fun with their hobby.Regards,Van LatendresseYeoDesigns

if we're going to have wing views then lets have toilet views too, it adds to the realism even more! heck, even include the option to join the mile high club!

I thought you were supposed to be sim pilots, wannabees fufilling your dream ?If you want wing views, this makes you a passenger surely ? There is a point to be made or sacrificed here that you cant have your cake and eat it. Wing views are created at the sacrifice of virtual cockpits, it is possible for the user to change his view point to accomadate, this in turn makes forword view which is normally required for landing somewhat screwed up.You need to make your minds up, are you a simmer or a passenger ? It does not happen in the real world, your either one or the other. The more I think about this, what a sad bunch to get off on a flap retracting. If you want both stick to the defualt Cessna, with this you can have both in virtual view, but thats not enough is it ?The couch is to the left if you'd like to lay down and tell me all about it.George

Guest Van

Actually it's nice to be both a simmer and passenger...thats the beauty of FS2002 and it's possible for a designer to create a model with a VC and clone the wings for the wing view. It's a have your cake and eat it too scenerio and more bang for the buck when it's payware, again it's all about personal preference. If the die hard simmers only want the VC then so be it, but what is life without choices? There's plenty of aircraft models out there with all the features that any simming individual may desire.Regards,Van LatendresseYeoDesigns Panel/FDE designer

So I take it Yeodesigns take advantage of this ? George

Guest Van

No we don't as we offer freeware aircraft and spend enough hours with our backs to our families as it is, but for payware designers or perhaps a freeware site that have a much larger group, then it is possible. Most simmers have no idea how much time is spent creating one model and it is done whenever we have the spare time and that in turn takes away from time spent with our families. I have been reading so many various forums on every topic imagineable lately and it always seems people are never satisfied with most add-ons, payware and freeware alike and the majority are complaints or criticisms from people that haven't done so much as a re-paint themselves. Most people that do FS add-ons, whether it be a model, panel, re-paint, FDE, etc. started doing it because they wanted to contibute to the simming comunity in some way. If fellow simmers had not taken an interest in designing, than all these wonderful goodies that we all enjoy would not exist and we would be flying with the MSFS default everything.Regards,Van LatendresseYeoDesigns Panel/FDE designer

I can't see what all the fuss is about!What on earth can be wrong with people wanting to have a view of the aircraft wing? Aside from the fact that as has already been mentioned above, there are circumstances where being able to see the wing is actually desirable. Not to mention that it can sometimes make a nice change to sit there and watch the flaps being deployed - only to be done whilst the AP is handling the approach of course :-)All the best,http://www.blandreynolds.btinternet.co.uk/DF_PG_sm.gif