I'm sorry guys but I just purchased ASV6 and have read the manual several times and I'm still having a hard time figuring out the instructions- I'm new to flight simming also. Can some please answer a few questions about loading ASV6 . Let's say I just want to fly out of meigs and I have not used a flight plan. I just want to set up weather at random and fly offline. I also want to pick the season to fly in. Can you just give me a simple step by step outline to follow to load in the proper order? Thanks for the help.

Hello John and Welcome,We are here to help! Wow, my first suggestion is to take things slow. Don't try to do too much at one time.Don't attempt to try a bunch of new stuff if you are tired or the house is loud and crazy. I don't know if this fits your situation, but I thought to mention it!The first thing you need to understand is that ASv6 is not a random weather generator. For the most part we use either real time weather data from the present or archived data from about the past year.To pick the season to fly in you will use the Time and Season Screen in FS04.Now, the steps that may work best:1. Before starting anything, in your mind, decide what season you are going to fly in.2. Next, start up ASv6 and click on the Download button. A mini screen will open called Download Weather. There you can plug in the information that fits your season. The month will be the most important, the day and time can be anything valid and this can be your random factor. Leave the Additional Hours.... box, blank. Don't enter anything earlier than April of 2005.3. Then click the Download Archive button. Asv6 will connect to the server and download the world-wide weather file for that day and hour. Notice at at no time do you need to tell where you are starting or where you are flying.4. Start FS04 and let things load.5. Set your season and time in FS04 and fly!6. If you always start from one airport you can set this on the ASv6 Options page.Look things over and come back with more questions!Hope this helps,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/Active Sky V6 Development TeamActive Sky V6 Proud SupporterHiFi Beta TeamRadar Contact Supporter